Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Well I've been running a 2007 IQ 600 HO, since 3 years. I'm thinking about moving to the 800 class.

Never had major problems with the sled. I'm interrested in a 2009 Dragon 800 with 2300miles for 7000$

Is the 800 a tuff motor as the 600, or I'm getting in more trouble?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
A lot more trouble, I have heard of a lot of issues that never really got fixed for the d8 motor.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had this same conversation with me Polaris/Artic Cat dealer. The problems with the 800 were if "you beat the living hell outta the sled". He told me for the ditch bangn and corn/bean field racing i do that the 800 would be a great motor, but if you wanted to push it to the limits then he said roll a 600 or a 700. Thats from the dealers mouth who has never done or steered me wrong on anything and saved me a ton if useless work and frustration....just my 2cents.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK when to visit my possible futur sled. Thanks for all the advise.

The sled looks top shape. But the guy told me something impressive(if he's right). He told me that the 2007 IQ 600 Ho is harder on gas then is 800 dragon.He's previous sled was the same as mine and told me that the 600 IQ was a pig compare to his Dragon.

Come on folks, is this a selling line or there is other people here beleiving that.

THanks in advance.

So what should I do. I'm willing to sell my 2009 IQ for 4500$ canadian(with 2500miles on it) and bying his 2009 Dragon for 6500$ with the same mileage. Don't want to put more than 2000$ from my wallet.

IS it a good deal?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts