Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in this site like drag racing? It seems everywere I go I here about snowcross. Dont get me wrong snowcross is a cool sport but I am getting tired of it. All the manufactures are getting righ in to it and is leaving us drag racers behind with sleds that are made to jump and corner. I want a sled that can pull my arms off out of the hole and go as fast as a jet on top!

I am I the only one that seeks this rush?

·
Registered
277 Posts
YES!!!!!!!!!!! Lets talk draggin. My big heavy triple is definitely no ditch banger. I have a great trail set up and a pretty good drag set up. I live about 8 miles from the Great Sacandaga Lake in upstate New York, which has several spots all over the lake for drag racing. I'll go up and race anything close to my size sled. If I win, great! If I lose, so be it. If I'm somewhere in the middle, at least I wasn't last. What do you drag?

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I RACE WITH TRIPLES!!!!! I started racing 6 years ago. I bought a Polaris 440 and whent racing. I whent to local lakes and raced some of the locals. I loved it so mutch that the following year I bought my babe! 1997 FIII 600. I kept it stock for the first 2 years and just played with my drive train. Entered local snow drags and always did very well. Now she all triked out and going fast!

Did you ever go to a sanctioned race?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
im getting tired of reading and hearing about snox also, i like to speed run and will ge getting into grass drags as i get more experience.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Umm I never talk about sno-x cause I eat, sleep, and breathe drag racing. All my goals in life end with me owning like a twin turbo RX-1 to asphault race and smack the smile off every car I run :). Right now I race my dad's 2002 Yamaha SXViper(triple 700) that is getting triple pipes and being regeared real soon. Sleds are fast now adays but I don't like that everyone but Yamaha seems to be neglecting the top performer(drag racers) sleds.
Though I would quite enjoy a Cat 900 :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Bambiman, one of the fastest, no, the fastest sled I ever rode was a 97 Ski Doo FIII 600. It was acutally a 925 cc monster. Piped, but quiet, flat side carbs, clutched, geared, studded etc..... When you looked at it or heard it, it looked and sounded stock. My friend let me ride it up in Lake Pleasant NY. He told me hang on. Right. I nailed it and it literally ripped my hands off the bars and I almost fell off the back. Everybody there was laughing their butts off. I took it for quick hammer and came back to line up with Mach Z's, ZRT 800's and even a Thunder chicken. By the time I was 300' out, I was over 6 sleds in front. When I reached the 1/4 mile mark everybody else was around the 1000' mark. Unreal. The guy who owned it has some of the fastest sleds on the east coast for draggin. Ever hear of Benoit/Buchanan racing? This was his trail sled!! It dyno'd over 220 hp. These guys make up their own combinations and parts. They made from a block of billet aluminum a carb that had an oval slide with 2 needles in it! Wild. I'm die hard Polaris, but that was one nasty sled. God I wish I was rich!!!!!!!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
506 Posts
I LIVE to race, next year I dunno whether my SRX is stayin grass, or goin asphault, I'm just SOOOOO sick of hearing people go ON and ON about there bloody cars. Sitting in auto class, listening to the girls talk about wanting a mclaren 'cause it can do 0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds, I'm thinkin "what a dog" like, wow, contgratulations, go out and blow hundreds of thousands of dollars on a cage on wheels, and I'll blow ya away w/ my $3000 sled.

Man, until you've felt 0-60 in less than 2 seconds, you haven't lived.

I dunno, I've driven some nice cars, and there's nothing that even compares to how you pin it at the line, and the skiis launch, and don't touch the ground until you're off the throttle, when you speedo disappears behind 140kph after 400 feet, like, seriosly, what other kind of vehicle can touch that? (bikes can, I know, but hey, I'm still workin on that one)

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I completely agree. I remember sitting in homeroom one time reading an American Snowmobiler with a SkiDoo Mach Z that did 0-100 in like 6 seconds. These kids are sitting there talking about these $200,000 cars that don't come close to that and here is a $20,000 sled that you can see in the picture is just a monster and a half.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Maydaze! Must of been a hell of a ride!!! This " FIII " you talk about sounds like a nice sled. The people you talk about ring a bell to me but if they are building there own engine components I'm shure they knought what they are doing. I kinda do the same thing. I work in a machine shop, and we got all the CNC mills and lathe along with a full aluminum fabrication shop to build some pretty cool stuf. I desinged my own head and insert compression chaimbers (domes) for my FIII allog with are 99 pro stock MACH Z 800 with 220 HP. That thing is a rocket!! It's raced some of the fastes sleds in the country and got alot of 1st place. I love racing sleds and that all I do. I like to call it " skidoo flue " all year round! I work in a place that has all the tools to built what ever I want, all I have to do is convince my BOSS that its a good idea. ( still working on that one ) But untill then I will just keep on working on smaller projects. But a bigger project is coming around the corner. I'm selling my FIII. So I'm gonna need another one. I'm thingking around a 1050 number. What do you think?

ONE THING AT A TIME

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey Bombieman, maybe I'll see you at the Dowling drags this year.

"tie wrap it wide open"

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WELL IT'S A SMALL WORLD EVEN ON THE NET!! Well sleddaver who are you? You can email me and let me know if you want. But to answer your question, I will probably be there but with no sled. Like I said befor I'm selling my FIII so dont expect to have one ready by then. Whant to buy it? Got alot of good stuff for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts