Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After bending my bars the other night I went up to Bristow's today to get a new set. I found some IQR bars with the grips and heating element already installed so I was thinkin it would be a good buy cause I hate sliding grips on, especially the long ones that cover the bar hooks.

When I got back I pulled my old ones off and noticed my throttle assembly doesn't split in half anywhere. There is no way it will slide over the new grips so basically I drove an hour for no reason. I still have to go buy new bars, grips, and heating elements and put the grips on anyway unless I'm missing something. WTF???? Anyone want to buy some IQR bars with grips and handwarmers already on them??

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Just throwing it out there, maybe time for a new throttle block? They make some nice billet ones.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd actually rather do that than have these bars go to waste, plus I like the bend in them. I need it by tues though cause I'm heading to baudette wednesday. Where can I get one around here??

OK, so shadetree has em but what will I do about my kill switch. I don't see a spot to mount it....?

Sorry , I tried to post the link but it wouldn't work. It's the "powermadd powerblock"

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
can a heat gun and compressed air take off the grip without wrecking it?

can never go wrong by adding billet to a sled.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Seperate switch. Or you could cut the old throttle block and make the kill switch work.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Normally I'd say maybe but these are the extra long grips that go over the bar hooks. I think I'm gonna get the billet if I can figure out what to do about my kill switch.

·
Registered
918 Posts
You could relocate it or just put on a teather?

·
Registered
298 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
After bending my bars the other night I went up to Bristow's today to get a new set. I found some IQR bars with the grips and heating element already installed so I was thinkin it would be a good buy cause I hate sliding grips on, especially the long ones that cover the bar hooks.

When I got back I pulled my old ones off and noticed my throttle assembly doesn't split in half anywhere. There is no way it will slide over the new grips so basically I drove an hour for no reason. I still have to go buy new bars, grips, and heating elements and put the grips on anyway unless I'm missing something. WTF???? Anyone want to buy some IQR bars with grips and handwarmers already on them??

Here's my solution.... Suck up the hour drive and the "good buy" on the IQR bars and just go & get the right ones. LOL. I'm sure you can re-sell them or why can't you just take them back??
What I'm more interested in hearing about is..... How they actually got bent in the first place??? Have you been practicing those "tuck unders" for your seminar at AMSOIL? Sounds like your gettin a little rough with her. IDK, but maybe you should just leave the free stylin to the pros and keep both your "ski's" on the ground? (I'm still lol!)

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
snowster said:
sledneck1978 said:

Here's my solution.... Suck up the hour drive and the "good buy" on the IQR bars and just go & get the right ones. LOL. I'm sure you can re-sell them or why can't you just take them back??
[highlight=yellow]What I'm more interested in hearing about is..... How they actually got bent in the first place??? [/highlight=yellow]Have you been practicing those "tuck unders" for your seminar at AMSOIL? Sounds like your gettin a little rough with her. IDK, but maybe you should just leave the free stylin to the pros and keep both your "ski's" on the ground? (I'm still lol!)
It was actually a DOUBLE tuck under[;)] Oh ya, it's possible, think about it LOL

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
doing backflips again? On my Pro-X when I went with the billet throttle block I completely eliminated the kill switch and just used a tether and the key. Or as someone else said just get a different switch and remount it.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sks7kid said:
[highlight=yellow]doing backflips again? [/highlight=yellow] On my Pro-X when I went with the billet throttle block I completely eliminated the kill switch and just used a tether and the key. Or as someone else said just get a different switch and remount it.
You know me Michael...Always doin backflips and double stops. If you're still in MN you're more than welcome to go to Baudette with us. We're gonna stay at Chris's place up there so free lodging. Wednesday to Friday.

For now I might just unplug the kill all together.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I see someone missed the memo about Eagle River and is having a hard time seeing the humor in all of this. Sheeish!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Id say get a billet throttle block. Run it without a kill switch for the trip. Then buy this kill switch

http://www.rsiracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=44&products_id=218&osCsid=489dbd1dff8004723e3ec947c9675677

I like this because it looks great. And you have to hold it when it kills the engine. I've had experiences of my chest or helmet hitting the switch in a drift and it kills it. This switch prevents that.

Or this

http://www.rsiracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=44&products_id=217

This one is cheaper ^^ but the other one looks better

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
sks7kid said:
[highlight=yellow]doing backflips again? [/highlight=yellow] On my Pro-X when I went with the billet throttle block I completely eliminated the kill switch and just used a tether and the key. Or as someone else said just get a different switch and remount it.
You know me Michael...Always doin backflips and double stops. If you're still in MN you're more than welcome to go to Baudette with us. We're gonna stay at Chris's place up there so free lodging. Wednesday to Friday.

Thanks for the invite! The IQr is back and ripping again, but i'm supposed to be going on a trip to wisconsin this weekend.. Looks like they don't have any snow though [V] I go back to school the 11th.. Me and some friends might head north later in the week and see what we find. Don't pull too many sick tricks this week and total the pro-r . First its the bars..next its the tunnel. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
get the block from shadetree and also grab the kill switch they have there. problem solved.
http://www.shadetreepowersports.com/cgi-bin/FBEF86DE/mac/template.mac/loadHtmlPage?htmlPage=snow/electrical/kill-sw.html

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
sks7kid said:
sledneck1978 said:
sks7kid said:

Thanks for the invite! The IQr is back and ripping again, but i'm supposed to be going on a trip to wisconsin this weekend.. Looks like they don't have any snow though [V] I go back to school the 11th.. Me and some friends might head north later in the week and see what we find. Don't pull too many sick tricks this week and total the pro-r . First its the bars..next its the tunnel. [thumb]
The Rush has a tunnel?! [beatup]

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sks7kid said:
sledneck1978 said:
sks7kid said:

Don't worry, I'll take it easy[;)]
Hopefully we'll get some new stuff back home before you head back to SD. Since I have IQR bars now and I'm always kicking myself for selling the RR' I'm gonna rename the rush to the "IQR HYRBRID" LOL

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
sks7kid said:
sledneck1978 said:
sks7kid said:

Don't worry, I'll take it easy[;)]
Hopefully we'll get some new stuff back home before you head back to SD. Since I have IQR bars now and I'm always kicking myself for selling the RR' I'm gonna rename the rush to the "IQR HYRBRID" LOL
Get some number plate decals and you're good to go

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
sks7kid said:
sledneck1978 said:
sks7kid said:

I'll keep him in line.. don't worry... [thumb]

·
Registered
591 Posts
you can get the exact same thing as the rsi killswitch on ebay for around 5 bucks brand new. type in dirtbike killswitch.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts