Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[11doh] got about 6 miles from house and started bogging out on me was like what the hell and came to a stop check all plugs spark everything i could think of then i check fuel tank yep just out of gas goes to show always check the simple things first. so call a budy to come pick me up and go home for some stupid juice[BeerPull]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Back in the day I was riding my old xlt. I hit a small jump with it, well the hood latches were broke on it so the hood flipped up a little bit pulling the choke up and killing the motor. I actually thought i blew it up, I was frantically pulling the plugs and checking them before I realized what had actually happened. LOL

·
Registered
622 Posts
Got married.......

Glade my wife doesn’t come to this site!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Put the sled entirely back together after having most of it pulled apart this summer/fall, and went to fire her up. Started to panic when I could not get it to fire thinking I had screwed something up somewhere electrically. Looked over the bars and realized the spark plug caps weren't on. [beatup]

·
Registered
395 Posts
Installed heated visor plug into tethor switch plug

(machine shuts off when i plug my helmet in)

BUT WAIT it gets better.

Went to go fire up the sled after the install to see if it works, pulled pulled pulled pulled

Looked in my engine bay, no exhaust valves, no cdi, no airbox, and no primary clutch.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Was out testing FrankenStorm with the EFI, the one time I got it out last winter playing with the cold weather mapping.

Ripped for a 300' run across the field straight away from my house. Right near the end I heard a stutter, and kit the kill switch.

Crap, no plugwrench on the toolbox, walk back to my house and grab my wrench and go back to the sled.

Pulled the plugs, 2 were nice toasty brown, the recoil one was pure white. F************************CK!!!

Walk back to the house and grab the compression tester.. All good, 135-135-133.

Check all my wiring, this is now about 1/2 hour from time I killed it.

Look in the gas tank, see the bottom of the tank. Duuhhh.............. Walk back to the house and grab the gas can.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Not mine, I'm still trying to recall a good one, but a buddy once forgot to put his carbides on his skis and went through the suspension, tightening the limiter strap among other things before realizing he had no wear rods of any kind on the skis.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pharotek said:
Got married.......

feel your pain hear

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Pharotek said:
Got married.......

thats what im afraid of......lol

·
Registered
567 Posts
MicahMan said:
Pharotek said:
Got married.......

And this is prolly why im single hmmmm worst I done us unloadin went rippin up a small hill side motor dies in about a foot of powder up hill gas was still off oops

·
Registered
916 Posts
Went to load up a customers 94 V-Max 600 ST. The tailgate was about 3 inches higher than the loading hill so I figured I'd goose it a bit to bring the skis up. WAMM! hit the tailgate of his new truck and pushed it right up closing it with the skis stuck against it straight up and down....while he watched. Thank god it was a native guy from up north who could care less. I thought I'd be working the next month for free. He just laughed and helped me pry his sled off his brand new tailgate. lol

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
quick said:
MicahMan said:
Pharotek said:
Got married.......

And this is prolly why im single hmmmm worst I done us unloadin went rippin up a small hill side motor dies in about a foot of powder up hill gas was still off oops

Did basically the same thing. Last year had three sleds on the trailer. Unloaded the first two which didn't run and the third ran good. Got the third half way to the shop and it died. Started pulling and realized the gas was still off. Turned it on and after an almost heart attack from pulling it was running again. I bet the neighbor was laughing his ass off.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
While in Island Park, Idaho I was riding up and down the huge snowbanks along the trail parallel to Hwy. 20 when I went up too far and landed in the middle of the hwy. It was about an 8' drop. No vehicles coming from either direction fortunately. On the same trip while playing off-trail, I nosed my piped Indy 650 into a creek. After taking a few pics of me & the 650 at a 45* angle, knee deep in water, 4 guys helped pull my sled out. I fell on my @$$ in the creek while lifting on the front bumper.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Was riding home from school on a warm March day when I was like 13 (we lived in the bush and rode are snowmachines to get to school) and I decided to leave my snowpants off since it was so warm out. Ended up just holding them on my lap while I rode. One of the snowpant legs came loose from my grip and started to get caught up in the track. I freaked and tried to pull it out and ended up going off the trail and getting stuck. So not only am I now stuck in the snow 10 miles from home with a pair of snowpants caught up in my suspension, I also have to dig myself out of waist deep snow with no snowpants on by myself cuz my brothers have already blasted off home without me. Oh, and I had to cut the leg off my snowpants to get them out of my track.

·
Registered
741 Posts
man ive done a lot and i mean a LOT of dumb things. Probably the funniest i can remember is that me and a friend was trying to get my wheeler runnin and we checked for spark,,, he tells me to grab a big wrench, put the plug on it and hed turn it over, so dumb me grabs a 1" wrench and he turns it over and man i couldnt have dropped that thing any faster! hahaha. we both got a good laugh

·
Registered
152 Posts
spent 2 hours trying to start it last year. checked spark, cdi, ignition grounds, fuel pump, pulled the carbs apart, pretty much had the whole thing ripped apart, as i was giving up and putting it back together i looked down and realized the fuel shut off valve was in the off position

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
93indy440 said:
spent 2 hours trying to start it last year. checked spark, cdi, ignition grounds, fuel pump, pulled the carbs apart, pretty much had the whole thing ripped apart, as i was giving up and putting it back together i looked down and realized the fuel shut off valve was in the off position
LOL that's funny. I'm sure everyone knows the old "shut off someone's gas" trick. I used to get a kick outta doing that to my buddies and then seein the look on there faces when their sleds die.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rebuilt my engine and it would overheat every 20-50 miles. Shot straight out of the overflow cap every time. Couldn't find any leaks, dealer insisted I had an air bubble in the system. So I burped it like 10 different times and carried a gallon of antifreeze in a backpack every time i rode. Finally got my hands on a pressure tester.. I put the head cover gasket on upside down.. Hasn't overheated since

1 - 20 of 44 Posts