Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[navy]Just wondering what people got for amounts in terms of snowfall this year. Here in central Maine we got about 2ft, but its reall been melting, the trails are muddy, and no one is riding. We haven't had an actual snowstorm for a month.[/font=Century Gothic][/navy]

Remember: Don't Hesitate.... Accelerate

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
at the moment, we have a few leftover drifts. That's it.

I have no idea how much we got all winter, maybe 1.5 feet. Max.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
SE Wis seems like 2, but actually got 10". Wow less than a foot, now were kicking ass.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sad winter here in Northern IL. 12" total if you were to fluff it up.
We average about 36" which is'nt that much to begin with.
Oh well I'll be grass draggin the 800 this year. I've got to get some use out of it close to home.

2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather
MBRP Silencer
Coupling Kit
Goodwin Clutch Kit

Creek beds don't make good brakes!

Edited by - rtkatzl8 on 23 Feb 2002 19:53:53

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Well, up in good old CANADA, we have had a good 3-4 feet of snow. It took a while to get the lakes in good shape but now were all set, just hope it sticks around for a while.

My cottage,
Haliburton Ontario... 1 stop light in the whole town.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well, total we have probly had about 3-4 feet, but most of the year we have had close to nothing. Around Christmas about 1 1/2 feet, melted, then a few small storms that all melted within a week. But my dad said up in the UP they still have about 2 1/2 feet, up to his knees. I'm going up there this weekend I think. He said the trails were great around Grand Marea too. ( I know i spelled wrong. )

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
About 4 feet. Not sure cause the first snowfall up here in ak stays on the ground unitl the end of winter. But all the snowmachines pack it down and scatter it about so u can only see how deep it is in the fields that havent been touched.

Ride Fast, Ride Hard, Die Hard

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by SledHead:

Well, up in good old CANADA, we have had a good 3-4 feet of snow. It took a while to get the lakes in good shape but now were all set, just hope it sticks around for a while.

My cottage,
Haliburton Ontario... 1 stop light in the whole town.

[/quote]

Hmmm I'm in Good ol' Canada and when I look outside I see dirt.

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Nope, we had, then it all melted.

Going North on Friday this week though (For real this time) they have snow up there!

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Yes we should actually make it this time. Our neighbor decided to tell us there was no snow so I went to my hockey tournament and ther was like a foot everywhere. They got 4 inches the day before we got there i was pissed.

It's not how fast you go, but how much fun you are having.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by bigwilly:

Yes we should actually make it this time. Our neighbor decided to tell us there was no snow so I went to my hockey tournament and ther was like a foot everywhere. They got 4 inches the day before we got there i was pissed.

[/quote]

Shut up you were mad.

I spent the whole week getting my stupid sled ready, driving back and forth from the city, only to have that moron tell dad there was no snow.

As the guards bring me out to the courtyard, Somebody crys from a cell "God be with you" If theres a god then why does he let me die?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Yeah I was mad. I had just got a different sled that I have put 31.2 miles on. And 10 of those were on less than stellar conditions. So had the right to be just as mad as you were.

·
Registered
529 Posts
17.6 Here in Madison, WI. That is not including what we got today. So add about another 2-3 and that is what we got. last year we got around 52 for the season.

'00' 500 XC SP

1 - 18 of 18 Posts