Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of your summer sled projects?

I want to upgrade track suspension shocks and change sliders.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I need to have my cylinders checked for "out of round" and make sure they're still within spec. I've only got 115, 115, 100 psi from the pto side to the mag side after a rebuild from last fall.

Replace crank seals, and have crank and bearings checked.

Install UFO's and TempaFlo.

New carbide runners.

Set of new plastic skis.

Multi angle helix, to complete my clutch kit.

Maybe 24 more studs.....I've got 96 in Woody's aggresive pattern now.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
My XLT sp will be getting:

1. Clutch Kit
2. Pipes and/or a new silencer
3. EGT's
4. Tempaflow
5. Custom paint job
6. get the suspension dialed in

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
gettin rid of the PS and getting new X2 in my garage...[:D]

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Plan on upgrading from the Trail to a 2000 XC 500 SP Anniversary Edition. I gotta wait till later this summer before I know whether or not I'll be doing that though.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
To get my sled into summer storage :)

I've got to stud my track.
That's it.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
some clutch work to the indy 400 and a few other odds and ends..And start looking into a newer sled "EDGE/Pro-X"

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've got three sleds to work on. I've got a 1987 Phazer that has no spark, needs wiring done, a 1998 Bravo that needs to be put together, braced the body, and my 1999 XC 500 still having problems with the carbs, or I need to look at finding out compression.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm upgrading from a 89 trail to a 95 zr 700. Not to big of jump ehh. I think i might be leaving polaris for a couple of years.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Oh and if i come up too short i8n money to buy the zr then i'm gonaa have the nicest 89 trail you've ever seen.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
hope that I see my sled again before November.

lol

It's in the shop now waiting for it's new hood (still) from the "Deer incident" in February.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I just wanted to remind everyone here that the longest day of the year has come and gone...the days get shorter from here on in..........YEEEHAAA.

Hey SUMMER...your days are numbered....;)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Originally posted by 500fasEnuf
[br]I just wanted to remind everyone here that the longest day of the year has come and gone...the days get shorter from here on in..........YEEEHAAA.

LMAO!!! Woohoo...winter, here we come!

Too bad, i'm in a Tornado Warning right now...rough weather!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Originally posted by 500fasEnuf
[br]I just wanted to remind everyone here that the longest day of the year has come and gone...the days get shorter from here on in..........YEEEHAAA.

That's right isn't it! I heard it snowed in Utah earlier this week.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Yep i am about to start my Countdown to Snow Calendar here at work. I love the look on peoples face when i am thinking of snow in July.

·
Registered
366 Posts
freik snow storm in July? I like it.
All I'm doing is getting the XLT ready to sell in the fall. Hopefully moxing to a pro X.

Rich

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
dynamic balance engine and clutchs, solid mount engine in sled, shave 20-30 pounds by using chrome moly in place of factory steel, gear it for one day of back yard grass racing then set it up for the upcoming season of speed racing.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Replace the rear drive axle frome my 91 formula 470 (as I blew it racing a 600 Mach1) and I did win.... Also punching it 40 over,m and either a new track or more studs (track is the way but money will judge) I also wa

·
Registered
313 Posts
Replace the rear drive axle frome my 91 formula 470 (as I blew it racing a 600 Mach1) and I did win!( that 600 does rumm very, very well, but I have already doen alot to my sled).... Also punching it 40 over, and either a new track or more studs (track is the way but money will judge. Also some 40 mm carbs and transfer over my UFO's. I also want to lighten the sled by taking out, and replacing some of the steel with aluminum.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts