Snowmobile Fanatics banner

what belt for 96 ultra sp

503 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  minnesotaderek 
#1 ·
like the title says what belt for a 96 ultra Sp it has a 3211070 in it but i don't think it's the right one.is it the 3211042? what is the difference?

#2 ·
Nope, 067, 066 will work, but the 067 is different compound and higher performance.

#4 ·
Don't use Dayco, they suck, stick with OEM, we have had this discussion before. I know first hand that Daycos and Ultras do not mix, I have like 7 Daycos in my garage waiting for Ebay.

#6 ·
There are many that will work. I always used the 66 belt and had no issues. The 42,70,1105,ect. are all std. belts with no ribs on the backside, I was told for extra cooling.? The ULTRA is definetly a High Perf. machine, so the 66, or if you have a need for harder rubber compound, the 67 would be needed. If you dont terrorize on your ride a 1105 or the 42 belt may work fine. Also they make good ride home belts(less expensive) if you tear one up.

#7 ·
Top cog are the way to go. Go with the 066 or 067, but with almost 18k miles on two different Ultras, and only broke one belt, maybe I don't know what I am talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.