Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i got a 99 mxz 670 HO, its at the dealership right now (tune up) and i wanted to find out what the Cheaper ways of getting more hp and speed are? I heard rejetting, gearing, and clutching but will that set up work good for my sled? The dealership is clueless so i need to bring it to another to get it worked on or try and do it myself. thanx

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Clutching, Gearing, Pipes, Jetting.

Those are the things most people will say. It's available for every sled, because every sled uses those. (except EFI, then you need a chip instead of jetting)

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Those machines are pretty well set up to begin with. I had a freind with one and he spent alot on it with the things mentioned above and even bought supposedly proven set-ups(As opposed to trying all sorts of things himself)He was into speed runs and gained 3.5 mph. but spent in the thousands.Up to you though.

Reasonable people adapt to the world around them....Unreasonable people try to change it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Those 670 HO's were rockets in stock form! First I would concentrate on the clutching. A good clutch set up will work wonders. If you dont care about top end, gear it down a little. As for the engine, be careful. The HO's are pretty tweaked from the factory when it comes to compression and RAVE valves. Be careful with the jetting, as the HO's like fuel, so dont jet down to the borderline. Better safe than sorry. Get a good stud pattern with a at least 144 to 192 studs and go kick some butt.

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice than everybody, i have 144 woody's in it now.. It pretty much rips but for some reason it seems dead on the lower end, just doesnt have the full response when i hit the gas, but as soon as i hit the powerband it hauls. I'm not really lookin for top speed but basically low end for trails and stuff, i will work on clutching first i guess but where can i find a decent clutch kit online for a decent price???? thanx

Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts