Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like above says my buddy might buy a 2000 xc 700 and would like the rear to sit a little higher. what can he do to it without spend a lot of money?

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
stiffer springs rebuild the shocks and add drop brackets you can make them or buy them. itl beef it up and then make it sit a little higher.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Originally posted by Sledneck_dsmer
[br]stiffer springs rebuild the shocks and add drop brackets you can make them or buy them. itl beef it up and then make it sit a little higher.
that sums it up well. stiffer springs wont allow it to sag as much and a drop bracket will set it up higher.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I was just looking at SLP's catalog yesterday and I noticed they make drop brackets.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Forget the shocks. They won't raise the rear end. The torsion springs and brackets will. The ride will also go to hell too.

·
Registered
486 Posts
i had a 2000 500 xc and i wanted the suspension to sit higher so i put SLP drop brackets and heavy torsion springs in. the sled rode like crap because of the drop brackets. if your looking for a good ride leave it but if you want ground clearance use the brackets. also the brackets change the angle of track impact and the suspension wont transfer. the only way i could get it to transfer or hook was to remove the rear scissor stops. the sled then transfered like crazy and rode a little better but i then sold it because it rode so crappy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am installing an SLP bracket on my XC 700 sp 2000, but i am also extending it to 144, can't wait to try it [:D]

It will be ready probably next week.

Also a powermad 4 inchs pivot bar riser
1,25 lug track

gear up from 24 to 22
gear down from 40 to 41

driven clutcu spring set to the third hole

less top but more torque

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i never said shocks will raise it just give it a better ride and take some sag out.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by Sledneck_dsmer
[br]i never said shocks will raise it just give it a better ride and [red]take some sag out[/red].
Nope, that's my point, they don't affect sag. They just dampen movement.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
my indy was sagging i replaced springs that helped alot but i did shocks a bit after the springs and it took all the sag out. doesnt do it alot but im light enough it helped.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
^^^ Missing the point here. Shocks have NO lift to them what so ever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts