Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone has for a dirt machine and how they like it. I tryed to post a pic of mine in a town parade but it wouldn't upload. Anyways I ride a 2002 honda trx 350 (or Rancher) 4x4. When i got it i was coming from a 400 so it was a step down. I installed a Big gun Utility exhaust system , A dynojet kit, K&N filter and some internal motor work. It cost me alot of money but i have the fastest 4x4 in town. My machine has no top end but it will keep with a 300ex till 5th gear, so it is all acceleration. Unfortunatly i no longer have interest in this cause i bought a snowmobile last year and i'm buying another one this year. So it just might be for sale. Anyways just trying to make conversation.[:D]

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
1985 Honda Big Red ATC 250es 3-wheeler.
Stock.
Gets me around, wheelies are fun, extremely reliable!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
02 polaris scrambler 400 2x4
and for the time being i have my brother 03 polaris sportman 600 4x4,the thing is a monster no stopping it..he chopped off a couple of his finger at work so im taking care of his 4wheeler untill he can ride again

·
Registered
699 Posts
1993 kawasaki kx 125 fmf pipe and silencer, boyseen power reeds, sidewinder sprockets, other accerious..... i love the bike its fast as He!! but now i need a car to drive... so its for sale [V][:(][|)][:(!]

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
01 yamaha kodiak 400 auto, actually its my parents, but id rather have a more sportier machine..

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
1995 DR250se

Street legal (well kind of). No blinkers, not required in MN during the day. XR style taillight is not DOT approved but does have a stop light. Fabricated alum. license plate holder does not have light for plate. Stripped all other street and passenger do-dads (chain gaurds, mud flap, passenger pegs, reflectors, etc..) That being said, never been hasseled by 'the man'.

Also,

re-geared (low end)
renthal bars
cobra exhaust
K&N jet kit
K&N filter
t-box vent mod
gutted air-box
new dunlop 606 tires-front & rear
some new plastic
changed all fluids-fore to aft

This bike was stolen and left for dead. I bought it for $250 and paid another $230 to the repo man. The tires and plastic (rear quarters) set me back $150 (discounttires.com was blowing out the 606's for $50 a tire). Everything else was bought from either ebay or maxium-suzuki.com members (for sale forum) and cost me another $107.

I have $737 into the bike now and it's pretty much where it needs to be. The bike pretty much rips realitive to it's stock form, but of course pales in comparison to my last bike which was a '92 KX250.

dan-0

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
03 polaris predator, i have the white bros. pipe and k&n filter added to it, has gobs of power!!!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
U SUCK [:p] I want a predator but the wife keeps saying NO. She told me if i sell my lowrider truck i can buy the wheeler... NO WAY

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
1988 Honda Fourtrax 300...slow but its aight to tear around on once in awhile

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I don't have one, but I ride my dad's 99 (I think) Arctic Cat 250 2x4. It's decent for ripping around on and driving with friend's along side the creek that runs behind our house.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just bought a 2001 suzuki DR400s, i've changed the sprockets to a 15tooth fron and a 42tooth rear. I got it with 2300km's not too sure what to do to it next though.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Bigwilly,

I'll tell u what, I'll sell "you" my truck and I'll buy the Predator.
I did some soul searchin last night and I think the truck is going up for sale.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Originally posted by summitteer
[br]I just bought a 2001 suzuki DR400s, i've changed the sprockets to a 15tooth fron and a 42tooth rear. I got it with 2300km's not too sure what to do to it next though.
Summiter,

You're right on with the re-gearing. A very cheap way to change your bikes performance. You will also want to gut your airbox and re-jet that sucker (they come pretty choked up from the factory). For about $20, you will notice a modest increase in HP. Check out Jesse Kintech site for the air-box mod, he would also be more then happy to take a phone call as well:

http://www.kientech.com/

Yahoo has a nice users group for the DRZ, there are others too.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
good call darkstar, the predator is one bad wheeler, but if you are serious about getting into a performance wheeler, check out the yamaha yzf450 quad, looks awesome, i don't know if i'd have bought it over the predator though, polaris really did thier homework on this thing, it isn't sleddin' but its a good substitute, something about 3rd gear power wheelies that makes me giddy.[:D][:D]

·
Registered
328 Posts
Pigboy, i'm thinking that i'm going to leave my airbox alone, because all the logging roads around here are pretty dusty and stuff. Its also got plenty of power for me, i just wanted it to cruise at 100km/hr comfortably for the free way and stuff like that. I'm going to look into the jetting though, cause that would be nice, cause right now my dad and i are DEAD even in any street type race. he rides a 97 DR650, that is bone stock, so i wouldn't mind having a slight edge over him ;)

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
right now big red thats beat so badly. ever 4 hours of riding i go threw about 3/4 of a liter of oil. i broke my handle bars 2 weeks ago while i was trail riding, and the front axle broke tuesday night so its gettin fixed now, just waiting for the used one to come in. lookin for a used wolverine as we speak.

·
Registered
352 Posts
the only dirt machine i have right now is my Ford ranger pickup that i take on the trails and play around....its an all tarrain vehicle...it goes on pavement and dirt :D

1 - 20 of 114 Posts