Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1987 polaris indy 600 and the clutch is toast(cracked and siezed rollers). I've been looking at clutchs on ebay and I dont know if theres a difference in them. I have what I bieleve to be a p85? (with the three towers) I see them listed 440 500 600 650 and then i see them 600 650 700 etc. So is there a difference what do i need to look for? or does anybody have something that will work for me. The sled is stock with SPL pipes. Thanks to any one that can point me in the right direction. Jase

·
Registered
393 Posts
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/13846-primary-clutch

Look in here,should answer your question.If not let us know.Personally if it were me I,d just rebuild your original clutch.I know there are some used ones out there that are cheaper than rebuilding but you never know what your getting.It may have worked ok when it was pulled off but you can,t tell what the rollers,bushings etc are like without disassembling it.You,ll more than likely have to put some money into whatever you buy so why not just rebuild yours so you know what you have.Just my .02.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts