Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the description says. Went out for a ride on Saturday and it was snowing, and of course the flat-light. So I have the amber lenses, because I've heard these are the best in this light. If they are not please let me know what you have for it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I have run a yellow tint for riding, I've used it in all conditions and have no real complaints. Scotts come with amber smiths come with yellow. Guess it's all about preference.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I prefer amber. Just sucks when it gets dark outside. I have a spare set of goggles that are clear for when night rolls around but now with a Rush, I have nowhere to put them. Storage isn't exactly the Pro-Ride's strong point.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I have amber and clear, but instead of the x-tra goggles, I just take the lenes with the protective film and put in the inside jacket pocket for when it gets dark.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The Scott 89 Xi light sensitive lens seems to work Real Good for Me.
That way I don't have to carry extra lense's or goggle's.

Rick

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I have a clear lense. But they fog at night even with a breath gaurd and baclava? During the day theyre just fine?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Yellow. Yellow lenses will make it seem brighter and will give you a contrast to help you read the terrain. Blue lens are good in flat light too, but not quite as good as yellow.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Amber.
rose

i ride with amber or clear. tried the whole ski-ing goggle thing, where it tints in the sun and clears in the shade.. going in and out of wooded areas quickly it didnt seem like they transitioned fast enough.

so ill stick with amber. shes nice

·
Registered
584 Posts
i have light sensitive blue. Amber and blue are both pretty natural, the nice thing about light sensitive is that it adjusts for like a medium tint and a dark tint. If it is below 5 sometimes it will get stuck. Ive had it stuck on dark tint blue at night , not very fun.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I use a single lens light sensative gray. Helps alot, not as good as yellow. No fogging issues either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts