·
Registered
1,257 Posts
instead of walking...make it run LOL

Sorry im no help here but hope you get it resolved soon :thumb:

·
Registered
469 Posts
My 97 indy 500 does the same thing, it feels really unstable on the trail at speed but feels fine on ice at any speed (no studs). I just assumed it was a crappy track, but maybe its suspension related?

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
could be a few things as stated above. Also is the alignment right and any worn parts on the front end ie: tierod ends, worn radius rod bushings. Jack it up and see if the frontend has play in the tierods and grab the bottom of the ski and pull out and see if the trailing arm is moving around where the radiusrods connect and the heim joint up inside the front. Being a 92 who knows when the bushings were replaced last, kits are cheap and simple to install. Ive had to rebush all my older Polaris sleds at least once every 3-4yrs

·
Registered
383 Posts
tighten nuts on front shocks up 3 threads
Wrong. That will increase ski pressure and make it worse.

Check the carbides (as stated) to make sure they're in good shape and straight. If that isn't the issue, try LOOSENING the pre-load on the ski shock springs a couple of turns. If they're already down to where there are only two turns of threads of tension on the springs (unscrewing them two turns would make the springs rattle if the front end were off the ground), then try adding a turn of tension to the front track shock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts