Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2,324 Posts
Bought an M8.

· Registered
2,381 Posts
^^^^Looks like an M-series, saw orange on the seat and in the skid, and those running boards are Cat style.(my dad has those running boards on his Crossfire, they grip very well)

· Registered
4,306 Posts
One of your friends had an issue with their sleds and you were kind enough to store it in your garage for a short time even knowing that having an arctic cat on your property decreases the property value....

So what's the plan for next spring? Buying a 2011 XP?

· Registered
9,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most of you guessed right. I am now officially ACG again. Only took me 5 years to see the light again. Can't keep an engine my Dragon. 1000 miles i did a top end, 1450 miles I did a bottom end, 1450 miles I did the polaris update, 1698 I told my dealer my sled was going to blow up, they did a fuel remap and called it good, 1700 miles Polaris put over $3000 into my engine, basically a whole new engine with the excpetion of electronics.

I can learn how to ride any sled, but can't make an unreliable one reliable.

My friends have well over 2000 miles on there 08/09 M8s and I have towed one of them out due to a broken steering post, this guy is 6'8" and 270 lbs. Guess what, I got towed out last month for a broken steering post, then last week for a blown engine, and last april for a blown engine, and last march for a blown engine.....

2010 M8 SnoPro. 0.3 miles.

Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Fuel line

Snowmobile Vehicle Winter sport Bumper Racing

Snowmobile Vehicle Motorsport Racing Winter sport

Snowmobile Vehicle Motorsport Racing Auto racing

Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Games

· Registered
4,306 Posts
There is a solution for the polaris 800 engine problems, you have to buy a PC5 and use a good map. I think poo over designed for HP on the 8's and just can't get it to meet EPA requirements and function at the same time.

One you get the new M out on the moutain you;re going to have to do a full writeup comparing the M and RMK chassis'

· Registered
921 Posts
ya them are some sick sleds. I really don't like those seats tho. IMO they jus look to short and aren't very comfertable while ridin fer me

· Registered
9,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
powersledder said:
There is a solution for the polaris 800 engine problems, you have to buy a PC5 and use a good map. I think poo over designed for HP on the 8's and just can't get it to meet EPA requirements and function at the same time.

One you get the new M out on the moutain you;re going to have to do a full writeup comparing the M and RMK chassis'
I could go on and on about what you posted. Maybe another night. Here is the basic version of it though:

1) I paid $12 big ones for a sled off the show room floor, I should NOT have to spend more money to make this thing run

2) The 800 Polaris rips, it just isn't reliable. I can learn to ride any sled, but can't make an unreliable one reliable.

3) This season, and the end of last, I have rode the M chassis as many miles as mine. I can jump between the two no problem and ride them just the same. They are real similar in the way they handle, almost identical. Change the footwell in an M8 and you have an IQ chassis...that you don't have to tow out all the time.

· Registered
3,502 Posts
Sled looks good man, nice to see your back on a cat. If I had that much problem with a sled I'd be looking for something difference too, I don't think I'd have waited as long as you did but that's just me.

· Registered
4,306 Posts
ACG said:
powersledder said:

I could go on and on about what you posted. Maybe another night. Here is the basic version of it though:

1) I paid $12 big ones for a sled off the show room floor, I should NOT have to spend more money to make this thing run

2) The 800 Polaris rips, it just isn't reliable. I can learn to ride any sled, but can't make an unreliable one reliable.

3) This season, and the end of last, I have rode the M chassis as many miles as mine. I can jump between the two no problem and ride them just the same. They are real similar in the way they handle, almost identical. Change the footwell in an M8 and you have an IQ chassis...that you don't have to tow out all the time.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend polaris. I think its BS the way they've been running their engine department. I was just saying more people have been having good luck running with PC5's. I've got an 800mono cylinder on my desk right now, only way it's going in my sled is with carburetors...

Anyway, enjoy the M. I've heard some good reviews about their new 800.

· Registered
2,381 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
looks good man those M8's have a sleek look to them. Correct me if I am wrong didn't Cat make the new M8's have more power than the 08 m8's?
Yes, the older M-8 were around the 150hp mark and the new 800H.O. (09-10)puts over 165hp.
Nice sled, seeing how you got a Cat in there, that greatly increases your property value.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.