Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up another vintage cat, with no clue what it is, 440 F/A , motor says 431 cc, recoil says suzuki , twin pipes, twin mikuni's (not correct carbs), cylinder temp guage, speedo and tach, any ideas what i've got on my hands?, its being parted out this weekend and will be on ebay

[attachment=52949]
[attachment=52950]
[attachment=52952]

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
El Tigre.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Yeah it's like a 72-74 ElTigre, if that's a 4 plug motor it's worth a pretty good piece of change.
Rick

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just a two plug motor, any good?

·
Registered
427 Posts
yep. the el tigres were a fun sled, pretty fast for their time if i recall, a buddy of mine had one just like that a few years ago, he sold it off but it sure was fun while he had it.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
That is actually a factory racer.
The production sleds of the El Tigre did not have that type of exhaust pipe and were not equipped with head temp gauges. They did however, dome with dual mikuni carbs and even stock were very fast for their day.
I had a '76 4000 stock(400cc F/A) that would run with the 600's of the late '80's.

Don't part it out. it's worth more intact.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Originally posted by OldCatRider
[br]That is actually a factory racer.
The production sleds of the El Tigre did not have that type of exhaust pipe and were not equipped with head temp gauges. They did however, dome with dual mikuni carbs and even stock were very fast for their day.
I had a '76 4000 stock(400cc F/A) that would run with the 600's of the late '80's.

Don't part it out. it's worth more intact.
ditto that. How much do you want for the whole thing? It looks like a 76 El Tigre Z race sled. The engine is probably a 431 Suzuki Spirit.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well its already in pieces, it was kind of pieced together, one bolt holding the motor together, no fuel pump, carbs were disconnected, how sure are you that this is a El Tigre Z???

·
Registered
489 Posts
thats a 76 77 eltigre

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can anyone tell me 100% whether or not its a Z ?, and whats one usually worth in this condition, i'd like to get rid of it because im a litlte broke, but if its something worth restoring, it might be a good project too.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the one in the arctic enterprises block is 7044200
theres also a number under the seat 116-628
and all i've been able to find on the motor is a 431cc stamp, the recoil and the intake boots both say suzuki

·
Registered
464 Posts
That is a 77 Eltigre 4000. It has after market pipes on it. The only thing rare about it would be the after market twins, they wern't to many of those pipes around. They are propbably Aean's.

It's definatly not a Z, the Z's are liquid cooled.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright well thanks, that kind of sucks, but you'll have that, i've got about 20 different people telling me that its twenty different sleds, haha

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i found a picture of a 77 el tigre 5000, and you are correct, just wondering if the tach and the cylinder temp guages would be an option or not, this one does not have either, just a El tigre and Arctic Cat Plate covering the hole

·
Registered
765 Posts
Originally posted by Frosty
[br]
It's definatly not a Z, the Z's are liquid cooled.
[/quote

duh, you're right. sorry, I knew I shouldn't be posting after I had to work at 3:30 this morning.

How much do you want for the pipes and the temp gauge?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
duh, you're right. sorry, I knew I shouldn't be posting after I had to work at 3:30 this morning.
man you got me all excited, haha, well i've got the pipes with the motor, and the temp guage with the cowl and other guages, but for the right price i'll end and seperate, let me know what you'll give for them and i'll let ya know

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270071727147

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
One way to check is to look in the belly pan directly in front of the motor. See if there is a covered up exhaust hole there. If there is not one, it is one of the factory racers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts