Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do i have to do to a pro x 440 to make it a 600? Can i just bore it out and put 600 pistons in it? or do i have to completly swap engines out? would the bottom end of a 440 work with the top end of a 600?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
MONSTER STICKERS!

I actually think you can fit a 600 top end on a 440. Talk with powersledder on here, I believe he's working on the same project right now.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
600 has longer rods that will hit on the crankcase edges unless it is notched out for the rods. So with machining,a 600 top end,cdi, pipe swap, carb swap, airbox mod. done deal....Not sure about boring and re-nic'ing the 440 top end

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
You need 600 pistons, cylinder, head, head cover, CDI, coils, clutch internals, carbs, 600 pipe & y-pipe, your 440 can will work, you have to get your upper cases ported a little so the 440 rods clear.

It may be cheaper to buy a 600 everything, and sell your 440 everything...

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
jesse500 said:
You need 600 pistons, cylinder, head, head cover, CDI, coils, clutch internals, carbs, 600 pipe & y-pipe, your 440 can will work, you have to get your upper cases ported a little so the 440 rods clear.

You don't say? Was it really worth the effort to repeat everything that was said one post above you?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
flatlander_summit said:
jesse500 said:

You don't say? Was it really worth the effort to repeat everything that was said one post above you?
Come on now.... [Deer]

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
flatlander_summit said:
jesse500 said:

[kat]

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
but its a good way to get post numbers up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts