Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think I'm going to pickup the Polaris Touring 700. It retails at $8149. What do u consider a good deal as far as a price. I was offered $150 off, lol, but that's a joke. I got $700 knocked off when I bought my 4-wheeler. Any ideas on what a fair/good price would be so I know what I should be accepting or bargaining down to. Thanks

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Is the sled a 2003? Where are you located? Sleds are dirt cheap right now, and 150 bucks off is an insult!! Run, don't walk away from that dealer! Ebay is a good resource to find good prices on even new sleds.

I didn't find that exact sled on ebay, but just to give you an idea, here's a 02 550 touring for less than 4 grand:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6736&item=2400156649

Don't settle for a bad deal when they are practically giving away these damn sleds!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sled is brand new (2003). I imagine they won't discount it like they would a leftover (2002) but I know there's a big markup on them. There has to be some type of average markup. I'd be happy wtih 400-500 off with some free stuff thrown in, but I don't know how realistic that is...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Originally posted by cruznis300
[br]The sled is brand new (2003). I imagine they won't discount it like they would a leftover (2002) but I know there's a big markup on them. There has to be some type of average markup. I'd be happy wtih 400-500 off with some free stuff thrown in, but I don't know how realistic that is...
No you are wrong, they will heavily discount even the new sleds because of the bad winters. 400-500 off is still a joke. You never said where you are from, as that can make a bit of a difference.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
to me a good deal is a 95 AC ZR580 with 1800 miles and just trading my remote controlled cars for it [:D] i did some checking at a local dealer and that exact sled is going for $7100 with $300 in free stuff. IMHO ide say find a different dealer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about that. I'm in New Hampshire.

Bobinwi - The 700 Classic Touring 2-up is selling for $7,100 brand new??? I was on the phone with a dealership today.. the biggest in NH and they said they had a used with 900 miles for $7,100 and we could negotiate a new one from $8,150

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
If the used one is a 2003 you should go there and test drive it so you can see what I mean about the edge suspension. Doesnt mean you have to buy there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes the used 700 is a 2003. I guess the guy traded it in for a sporty sled. Is 700 miles alot?? I don't know whether it would be better to go new, or take a deal on the used.. Not sure what I can talk him down to on the new one.. lol.. but he said negotiate.. What that is in his eyes?? hmm.. don't know

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
As long as it was broken in properly 700 miles is nothing.
Go for that one if you can get him low enough.
Does that save you ant sales tax where you are.
In Canada used vehicle are exempt from GST - 7%

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought a new 2003 Polaris 600 touring classic with a studded
track for $6925.msrp is $7599 with out studs. (wife)
Also bought a new 2003 600 xc sp with studded track for $6125.
msrp is $6849 with out studs. (Mine)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I bought a 700 touring and my g/f's father bought a 600 touring. Didn't get the deal I wanted.. but the dealership only had 1 600 left and 2 700's. He stated that he can't go down much cause if we don't buy them, they'll be sold this weekend. Another dealership in the area only had 1 600 which he wouldn't go below MSRP. Basically we saved $350 off each sled.. The 700 seams very tippie to me.. almost rolled it a few times.. Not sure why.. The 600 touring seems totally different but I have to admit.. the suspension is great and it corners very very well.. Thanks for all the replies.. I got it up to 110mph tonight... with still some left. OHh.. and New Hampshire doesn't have sales tax.. It's great, we save sooo much money in this state with the toys and cars..

·
Registered
103 Posts
OHh.. and New Hampshire doesn't have sales tax.. It's great, we save sooo much money in this state with the toys and cars..
Wait until you buy a house and have to pay NH property taxes...

And congrats on the sled!!!

-Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts