1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the race is a
2003 polaris pro-x 700 with single hot seat pipe kit and clutch kit
against
1998 xc 700 brand new top end 220 cylinders hot seat head clutch kit vforce reeds slp boost bottle and hot seat single pipe ceramic coated with ceramic silencer and rejetted carbs

who will win

·
Registered
312 Posts
the 98 should smoke it ,,, cause the mods put in that one will give him a good 30 hp more ,,,,,so ,, i don't think it would even be a contest

·
Registered
637 Posts
Who will win where; off the line, 440', 1000', top end..??? are we talking ice, snow, grass..?

any airbox mod's or jetting on the '03..?
Is the '98 vavled..?

Top end I'm going to go w/ the '98.. everywhere else I'm thinkin' the '03 is gonna have the advantage.. should be close.. let us know how it turns out..

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I think you'll both lose when I pull up on my '73 John Deere Sprintfire

·
Registered
312 Posts
i don't even think the 03 has a chance anywere ,, off the line, mid range or top end ,,,,,,,, unless they were in 1 foot of snow and the 98 has a .75 track wich is made for top end while the other guy has a 1/34 lug track ,,, you can be sure the 98 won't stand a chance for the first 700 feet ,, but will catch up in the long run ,,but with the same track ,, i don't think the 03 stands a chance

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the 2003 will have airbox step removed and n jet change as recomended the 98 did not have a ves and the race will be on ice with packed snow on top looking at 1000 feet

·
Registered
312 Posts
i still say no contest ,, the 98 at 1000 feet will be a good 6 to 8 sleds ahead , if not more ,,,,,,,try it and let me know , i'm curious ,,

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the track on the 98 was changed it is a 1 inch track with 168 studs the 2003 is stock fast track 1 inch with 168 studs we will be trying it this weekend but one catch the 98 wont be piped until monday its in the mail I was supposed to have it friday but got delayed by one day and now its monday no weekend drop off :( I am hoping to stay with him or win so when I put pipe on it should smoke him

·
Registered
312 Posts
mmmmmmm well that will make for a 10 to 15hp difference ,,,,, that will make it closer for sure ,, but with the reeds 220 cylinders ,, you'll be up there with him i'm sure

·
Registered
312 Posts
with the pipes installed ,, 6 to 8 lenghts MINIMUM ,, but without em ,, it'll be tight ,, cause that's a loss of 10 to 15 hp

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Looks at topic. Yahoo, I get to be an armchair racer :)

no exaust valves on the XC700, but it will have lots of powah.

top end I would expect the lower sleeker genII chassis to win, as far as drag race, it'll be whoever has the most traction!!!

-Dean

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Originally posted by ripperd2
[br]
top end I would expect the lower sleeker genII chassis to win, as far as drag race, it'll be whoever has the most traction!!!
Well I doubt the Gen II chassis will win because neither of them are in the Gen II chassis [;)]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
then what's the 98 xc700 in then? What do they call that chassis, i always thought it was the genII. Wedge?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
btw, its the same chassis as my sled, same tunnel, same hood, only the IFS extra front and rear suspension is different, and the tailights are different.

-Dean

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the 220 cylinders in the polaris xc 700 engines for all non ves years . there are two types of cylinders used by polaris in 98 the 824 and 220 the 220 cylinders are only available in 97 to early 98 sleds mid 98 polaris changed to 824 . : On the XC700 cylinders, if the last three digits of the serial number end in "824", the sled will not run as fast in the midrange and top-end as those that end in "220". This is due to porting changes that Polaris made in mid-'98. "220" cylinders are only found on '97 and early '98 models. I just was lucky when I got my sled .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts