Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my xc 500 sp last year.. and everyone said to get a 600 but.. i didnt so heres my thoughts..

sell my sled and snowcheck a new polaris next year.. i think thats what i want to do but i hope theres somethn a little different lookn next year.. i mean the pro-x is cool but it could use a face lift.

i fling poo

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Something a little different?? I thought that this year had been one of the biggest changes in a long while....

Well maybe not from polaris in paticular...

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I would say that is a good plan. I also agree Polaris needs to come out with something new and inovative. Sure what they have is nice and the Pro X is pretty nasty but they need something more I think.

·
Registered
837 Posts
everyone says polaris is awesome, and there motors are the best, but there stykling is about 5 years behind. and not just snowmobiles, there water craft need some help too. anyone agree with me?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I don't get you people

Pro X is a completely new chassis, same as the firecat and the stupid REV (I sat on one today, I couldn't believe how crappy it was)

"Needs a facelift" Meaning what? 2 headlights so everyone can copy Yamaha? Just cuz they didn't jump on the bandwagon and make something extremely ugly (IE RX-1/REV) Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the sled.

I don't understand how their styling is 5 years behind. That comment makes no sense whatsoever. How can something like styling be 5 years behind, and prove somehow that it's behind. The Edge hood and belly pan have only been around (on consumer sleds) since 2001. Wow, 2 years ago! How behind! Today I was at a sled show, and saw how to work "under the hood" of a REV, talk about stupid, the sides open up and this idiotic hood popped up, the windshield is attatched to the bars like an old phazer, which they got rid of like 10 years ago because it was stupid.

Also sled dog said that they need to do something new and innovative. Like what? The Pro X is completely new. New bulkhead, new front suspension, new brakes, new rear suspension, new skis, new everything. Their motors kick all the competition, so what is there to change?

So I dunno about your whining. It makes no sense, the Pro X is every bit as new as those other company's sleds. Styling, I don't see how that can be behind in any way.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Polaris-Man:
I don't get you people

Pro X is a completely new chassis, same as the firecat and the stupid REV (I sat on one today, I couldn't believe how crappy it was)

"Needs a facelift" Meaning what? 2 headlights so everyone can copy Yamaha? Just cuz they didn't jump on the bandwagon and make something extremely ugly (IE RX-1/REV) Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the sled.

I don't understand how their styling is 5 years behind. That comment makes no sense whatsoever. How can something like styling be 5 years behind, and prove somehow that it's behind. The Edge hood and belly pan have only been around (on consumer sleds) since 2001. Wow, 2 years ago! How behind! Today I was at a sled show, and saw how to work "under the hood" of a REV, talk about stupid, the sides open up and this idiotic hood popped up, the windshield is attatched to the bars like an old phazer, which they got rid of like 10 years ago because it was stupid.

Also sled dog said that they need to do something new and innovative. Like what? The Pro X is completely new. New bulkhead, new front suspension, new brakes, new rear suspension, new skis, new everything. Their motors kick all the competition, so what is there to change?

So I dunno about your whining. It makes no sense, the Pro X is every bit as new as those other company's sleds. Styling, I don't see how that can be behind in any way.

Ride the Best!
[/quote]

Sorry but I just have to say something...

Pman don't you think that your kinda stepping over your own guide lines?? I thought that that was a complete brand bash....

-stupid REV (I sat on one today, I couldn't believe how crappy it was)

-Just cuz they didn't jump on the bandwagon and make something extremely ugly (IE RX-1/REV)

-Today I was at a sled show, and saw how to work "under the hood" of a REV, talk about stupid, the sides open up and this idiotic hood popped up

-windshield is attatched to the bars like an old phazer, which they got rid of like 10 years ago because it was stupid.

You probably got caught up in the moment... I just had to point it out...

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
134 Posts
w/e happened to "brand bashing"?....polaris does need a facelift they have had about the same rounded hood forever now...like cat and skud have changed throught the years...look at a 95 zr and now look at a 2003 zr...thats change...if u compare the 95polaris to the 2003's there hoods have become a little more rounded littrle bigger with more vents really no change at all...so they have had all suspesnion and bulkhead updates...a lot of uther sleds have too...like the firecat brand new suspesnion...differ a-arms and rear suspension...polaris does need a face lift

Duct tape the only real solution

GO BIG or GO HOME!!!!
TEAM TRICKY

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow P-man, that was a little harsh. Calm down buddy, it'll be OK...wow. But I think that most PPL would agree that they kind of disappointed this year. Not that the Pro X isn't a big step up or anything, but I think most PPL were expecting more. You basically took all yer anger out on the other brands cuz someone talked a LITTLE bit badly about yours is what it looks like.

But how I look at it...Doo's had an X out to the public since '01 right? Polaris is just releasing theirs this year. Maybe just a TAD behind when all three of the others released something that's basically HUGE in some way, shape, or form, THIS YEAR? Maybe? I dunno, just think about it possibly...

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
You may think it's a brand bash, but I don't or I wouldn't have posted it. You are not a moderator so it's not up to you to tell people they are brand bashing.

I still don't see your reasoning for the pro X being any different than the REV or the Firecat. Explain please.

The three others released the same thing this year as Polaris did. They took their race chassis and dumped a consumer engine in it and are selling it as a Performance machine.

So your logic doesn't make any sense. You aren't looking beyond the hood.

Ride the Best!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Ok, I'm not done.

Look at a 1995 Polaris compared to a 2003 Polaris. alright, let's take a gander.

http://www.geocities.com/polaris-man/1995sleds/1995500.html

1995 Indy 500.
/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/1995500.gif

Now, 2003 Indy 500
cuz of Polarisfiles I ain't releasing the link to the info, go to http://www.polarisindustries.com and get it if need be

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/2003indy500.jpg

Ok, now tell me there is NO difference. I just can't see how that doesn't make sense. Those are 1000000% different machines. Period. No different than a 1995 ZR to a 2003 ZR really.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
all i can say is i thot the ProX was just another polaris w/ a new name that was sposed to be some big thing, then i started to read bout it and it has everything brand new as Pman says, just the hood looks the same, i have no problem the same old style, i like it somewhat, but when all the sleds look like the REV and Firecats and stuff, and then Ski doo or Yamaha doesnt change their styling whent he next big change is, ppl will say they are so old, need a face lift.....IMO...i personally like AC's styling, and most other brands i like too, not gonna name em in order, but when the new snopros came out, i thot they were ugly, and the REV, and the RX1, now they kinda soak in and i like em...so i dunno......

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Ok now i dont see P-Man brandbashing in any way he was simply expressing his opinion Which we all have a right to do here.

mattgross everyone says polaris is awesome, and there motors are the best, but there stykling is about 5 years behind. and not just snowmobiles, there water craft need some help too. anyone agree with me?

i completley disagree. just because polaris had made any BIG changes over the years it doesnt mean that they are doing it subtly. take a look at p-mans pics. HUGE difference in looks. and no they didnt do it AT once. they changed the looks and styling slowly over time.

the pro x is a completley new design it was basically rebuilt from the ground up.

Now as for the members trying to moderate. Thats our job leave it to us..

Bobby
My wife said its Her or the sleds........ I'm sure gonna miss her

Stop Inbreeding....... Ban country Music

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
http://www.maximumsled.com/articles/2003_prox/polaris_pro_x.asp

A wolf in sheep's clothing? I'd say.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
837 Posts
i didn't say they were behind on parts improvements, just styling, and there has not been big changes in styling for polaris they have that same look with the square grills and that same rounded head light. i am just saying the body stlye are about the same. look at skidoo, they had the s-2000 the in 99 they had the zx and 03 they have the rev, the body cahnged a lot from the previous model, but polaris still follows the same thing even on new model, and about everyone can agree with me except you

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Actually the Edge is a complete new body style, and it was introduced in 2001 to consumer sleds. It is NOT old. I don't need people to agree with me on that, just look @ the sleds. Edge looks nothing like Indy, Aggressive, Evolved or Gen II. Therefore it's different, because it's not the same.

That is a FACT.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
317 Posts
They are different. Why would they sell the same thing over? People wouldn't buy, it's rather dumb to make the same thing done few years ago. They are 50billions times different so there.

·
Registered
837 Posts
they look different except for the the basic parts of the square vents that have not really changed, o maybe they are an 1in wider but it is still the same. and one othewr thing, i like how you looked some topics and then through your own posts in after so know one can dissagree with you, thats big.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Learn to spell or how to use the edit button to fix them errors. Anyway I am right and so is MoP/Polaris-Man. They are different, 100% different. So what if few spots are looking the same, doesn't make them the same? What about me looking through my posts? I barely have two posts, what's there to look through?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I like your inability to spell, and the fact I was trying to get everything organized and cleaned up. You will notice all posts that were appropriate are now unlocked and ready for discussion.

Please don't tell me how to run my site.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
837 Posts
spelling not the issue, but what happened to the other pages? someone deleted them. and i wasn't talking to you weewee. and like i said before the parts maybe different the only problem is that the destinctive parts of the styling stay the same, thats all im saying, take a look at some pics of different models and they have the same BASIC styling

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.