Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me it is the trail snox riders who think they own the trail and drive way to fast for the conditions or their abilities. Dont much care for the deer either.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Mine is a rider coming around the corner and hitting me head on.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Probably hitting a tree. I've had two buddies do it already. Hehe...[8D]

·
Registered
713 Posts
Mine is that the sled will die. Usually don't have to really worry cause most problems are fixed but I always have that in the back of my mind.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Wannabe Blair Morgans that have no idea on how to ride. Was ran into the woods twice last year because of them.
Moose on the trails can be a real eye opener when you come around a corner. ( been there, done that )

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I would have to say the sled shutting off anywhere at dark.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Coming over a hill and meeting someone head on. Haven't had a close call or anything, just something I see happening in the future.

Flying through those narrow trails kinda get a person worried as well with the sliding back and forth from others ruts...wouldn't take much to send a person into the trees.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I worry about...
1. Hitting Someone

2. Hitting Something

3. Breaking down in the middle of no where

4. Breaking down and PolarisPerson and ArcticCat1 going further ahead not knowing I broke down till they look behind them.
(has happened)

·
Registered
182 Posts
1. hitting a tree

2. coming over a hill and hitting someone head on.

3. some crazy guy flying around a turn and hitting me.... o wait that happend once[:(!]

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
1. other riders driving like idiots.

2. trees.

3. an injury occuring to me or someone else in a remote location.

i've had my lights shut off going down a trail at night at about 60mph due to a short. a little scary, but could be worse.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Biggest thing i fear is hidden rocks/stumps under fresh snow. Ive hit a concrete block under snow before. Luckily the skidplate took all the damage. Had a buddy hit a buried piece of sheetmetal last winter. Put a huge gash down thru shock tower and running board.

·
Registered
544 Posts
1. Those people that find it nesscary to drive 100 and hour and don't stay on their side of the trail. also drunks

2. hitting a stump or something

3. Deer

·
Registered
557 Posts
I fear riding with the same people I see who stop off to get something to eat, but end up drinking too many alcoholic beverages. Those guys need to stay home!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
i would say the other riders and the deer are probably the scariest things on the trails!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
All of the above.......

The only time I was really nervous however was when a group of 7 of us were in the middle of the Chequamegon-Nicolet. We knew we had to keep an eye on our gas, but we kept going a little farther hoping to find a town. We got about 80 miles out and couldn't even see a light in the sky that would tell us there was a town near by. There was no traffic on any of the roads we crossed. The map we had was useless because we ended up in Lincoln County not Taylor. Our cell phones.....yeah they were useless too. No reception anywhere. The funny part was that none of us knew the phone number back at the cabin anyway.

We decided to turn around and head back. I was bringing up the rear cause I knew my sled and the other EFI would make it back. I was just waiting to see tail lights go out in front of me. It was a weird feeling.

Once we got back into Taylor County, we ended up taking the roads back home just to save on mileage. Glad to say all the sleds made it back to the cabin. A couple in the group were on fumes, and the smell of burnt slide plastic was strong in the air.

I hate big forests.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Another rider driving like an idiot, I've had anough close calls with them coming around a corner too fast on my side of the trail or cresting a hill getting air and not being able to stay on their side. Other things like hitting trees is something that I control and is my own fault if I get hurt or wreck my machine.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I forgot one... When people pull over on the trail and stop right after a big corner and leave their sled on the trail to take a #1.

·
Registered
300 Posts
i am terrified of hitting people on the trail. coming off the top of a hill, coming around a corner, or someone stopped on the side of the trail. also being at the back of the group and the sled dieing, with others in the group not knowing. happend a couple times. at night too.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts