Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got to thinking about bars again and instead of learning the hard way as i have done my whole life, i would like to do things right the first time. [thumb]

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I got my stock bars with a riser, it's far cheaper to get some risers and a good set of bars and use risers to make bars taller/shorter.

·
Registered
863 Posts
i prefer the flat race bars more for my riding style. my buddys had fly mini bends on their sleds last year and they feel really bent back where the grips are, not very comfortable for me. but the rise is nice

race bars IMO

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was just thinking about it because i've never been a fan of stock bars. i ride dirt bikes and i really like the bend that i have on my bike. but i got to thinking about how the riser bars do in powder riding? not that we get a tone of powder where i am but when we do get it, it would be nice to have a nice stable feel in the bars. would it be better to have say a 4-6 inch block with flat bars or a 2-3 inch block with riser bars? as far as leverage and stress on the steering colum are conserned

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I had straight bars on my MXZx 700. Since it wasnt rider forward I ran a 5" riser to straight bars. On my Rev I really liked the RSI Backcountry Bars.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
pro taper "chad reed" bend is my fave. I'm 6'2" and they are a great fit

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yah im 6' and thats what i have on my bike. the rsi backcountry bar is about the same rise and price. so i think that and a 3 or 4 inch riser will be good on the fusion in looking at.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I had ProTaper "Carmichael" bend bars on my Pro-x.. I think they had a 3" rise and on top of a 3.5" riser they worked good for me.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Never used backcountry style bars so I can't comment on those at all, but I really like my RSI aluminum flat bars. When you buy them they com REALLY wide, I think I cut about 1.5" off each side.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Stock

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I like the bent bars. Flat bars often look nice, buy i don't like the way they feel.
I have mountain bars on a few of my sleds.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
I have tapered bars with about 4" of rise on my ZR, and factory Firecat bars (straight bar with hooks) on my SnoPro. Personally, I prefer the straight bars.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I've got a set of Fly Aero Tapered Race bars on my IQR right now. I picked up a set of Fly Mini-Guns at haydays this year for real cheap but I don't think I like the feel of them compared to my Race bars with hooks. I've always had high handlebars so I've kind of fallen in love with hooks over the years.

Chad

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Quinlan said:
I have tapered bars with about 4" of rise on my ZR, and factory Firecat bars (straight bar with hooks) on my SnoPro. Personally, I prefer the straight bars.
I liked the bars I had on my SnoPro 440 ( factory race bars ) as well, but the RSI bars ( straight ) I had on my other SnoPro was much better. Its really all personal preference. Think about which one you might like and try it out.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm a big fan of tapered backcountry bend bars, I use rsi carbon backcountry bars. Theyre the perfect width and bend for me, no need to cut them down a bunch like normal mx bars. My biggest reason for having them is the rise, I used to clip my helmet/face off the flat race bars alot on hard landings. With the extra couple inches of rise I havent had that problem at all. Also a lot of freestyle/freeriders use them so theres more clearance for over the bars tricks. I do wish they had small hooks at the end though, its nice for cornering.

Check out rsiracing.com, best bars you can buy regardless of what style you like.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a 4 inch riser and stock bars and love them. I've rode a lot of different sleds and couldn't really get into the whole stock thing until I got this sled last year. Extremely comfortable riding when sitting or standing, right distance apart and right height.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I have the stock race bars and 6 in rise on my sno pro even though this is my first season with them, I think that I am going to like them they feel really comfortable for my height

1 - 17 of 17 Posts