Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is a twin, single pipe 700cc. this one has 4000 miles. the clutch has been checked thouroghly. 143 studs one got pulled out, there is a 3/4" hole. chain case oil changed, 125 psi across the board. the condition is very clean. the front bumper has a little crack, the guy wants 3000 canadian. is this a good deal for my buddy?

how are these sleds over-all?

thanks guys and its nice to be back on such a wonderfull site, ciao for now

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
These sled are dependable and fast. Not sure what 3000 is in cnd but I would not spend over $2000 us.

Only thing to really check is the water/oil pump belt. It can ruin a few weeks of riding.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]
Only thing to really check is the water/oil pump belt. It can ruin a few weeks of riding.
where is the belt and what would i be looking at when i go to see the sled.

do these water/oil pump belts have problems?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those 2000 700's are hard on gas in comparison to say like the 2001 when they put the VES on it. My uncle has a 2000, and it doesn't even come close to the gas mileage of my 800. Also XCR440 is right about the belt, my uncles blew within first 1000 miles, and blew the engine, his skipped off. Personally I would look at going with a 2001 or newer, to get the VES

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
The belt is under the recoil. They don't have issues. They just need to be checked on a yearly basis.

[attachment=18610]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Originally posted by bigshooter80
[br] Personally I would look at going with a 2001 or newer, to get the VES
Actually they didn't put VES on the 700's until 02. They have a kit that you can buy for them, it was around $1000 but I'm not sure what it costs now.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
My friend has a 99 xc 700. Its a nice sled. Stock clutching and jetting left something to be desired, but after having it properly tuned it is a quick strong sled.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I get the same milage on my prox 700 as I did not my 98 xc 700, 10-12 mpg at the most. Both sleds are/were clutched simular.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts