Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I need to know what you think this sled i found is worth? It was in a barn of someone i know and i want to know if its a diamond in the rough or just a so-so vintage sled.

Its a 1972 Skiroule RTX 440, motor ran when put away a few years ago (so im told, body is in fair to good condition, not perfect but definately respectable.

I was thinking this sled, cleaned up and running would maybe bring $400-$500 am i totally off on this?

·
Registered
344 Posts
In nice shape without rust $400 to $500 sounds about right. The engine is mounted on the tunnel on that one right?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I may be totally off but i have heard they are worth quiet a bit, especially to a collector, nice ones can bring around $5000. Don't go by me though, thats just what I have heard, nothing concrete. Not worth putting tons of money into but if you can get it cheap you can make some. Heres where one guy paid $2800: http://cs.amsnow.com/snocs/forums/t/62256.aspx

·
Registered
344 Posts
That one is a vintage "race" sled those are worth alot more than a vintage "trail" sled. Restored in good shape it would be worth maybe around $800, a RT 440 or RTX447 would be worth about $1000 since they are rarer, they have the forward mount engine.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
skiroulertx447 said:
That one is a vintage "race" sled those are worth alot more than a vintage "trail" sled. Restored in good shape it would be worth maybe around $800, a RT 440 or RTX447 would be worth about $1000 since they are rarer, they have the forward mount engine.
Oh, ok, gotcha, thanks for clearing that up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts