Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get myself a 1.5" track this summer, found one online, has 96 studs down the middle and two lugs are torn. I cant run the studs so I would be taking them out, my questions is whats everyones experience on running a truck without the studs but still have the holes from the studs? A price I cant pass.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
ive removed studs from a few tracks and ran them thousands of miles with no problems it will be fine

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I agree...some tracks come punched and people never stud them. Go for it if it's cheap.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok makes me feel better, for $165 dont want to pass this up.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
If thats the one from SSracing(HCS).....I am going there tomorrow to pick up his shorty seat. I will coming back Sat. afternoon and can meet you in Big Rapids.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
It's ported LOL...saves weight!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
That track should be fine w/o studs, I wish it wasn't such a pain in the ass to swap tracks.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dodger said:
If thats the one from SSracing(HCS).....I am going there tomorrow to pick up his shorty seat. I will coming back Sat. afternoon and can meet you in Big Rapids.
Not sure, found this lady on craigslist. Thanks though, Im leaving in a bit heading to MN for family emergency...wifes grandfather isnt doing so well. I told her if she still has it monday Ill take it. Thanks, we will have to get together and ride this winter.

jake.parker - that video is AWESOME lol, would totally suck but man dont see that everyday.

Empire087 - I hear yeah on swaping the track, figure I pull the suspension out every summer/fall anyways...I do know one thing, its easier than a 02/03 Viper...had to put a track on my buddies Viper he had just got this past fall and he had never done one before...WOW I can have my suspension dropped before you even can find the 3rd. set of bolts holding the yamaha track on.

Oh well Ill keep you guys updated, thanks for the input and videos.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dodger said:
I was just on HCS and yes, that is the place...

Here are some parts I need to get out of my garage-

"M10 suspension $500.00
Great Running Liberty small block 500 VES with All Electrical $650.00
Hoods $80.00 each
Stock Seats $95.00 each
Edge Trailing arm Right Side $55.00
Edge Trailing arm Left Side $55.00
Rear Bumper $15.00
Front Bumper $20.00
Skis (for the pair) $95.00
Electric Start w/Primary Clutch $195.00
Secondary Clutch $55.00
Carburetors (for the pair) $65.00
Air Box/Oil Tank $35.00
Speedometer $30.00
Tachometer $20.00
Radius Rods/ Control Arms (for all four) $50.00
XCSP Front Ryde FX shocks (for the pair) $125.00
Black Edge Gas Tank (no gauge) $35.00
Dash Shroud $20.00
Headlight $20.00
121x15 Track, 1inch lugs w/96 studs w/aluminum backer plates $150.00
Edge Handle Bar cover $10.00
2002 Edge Chassis $300.00
Pipe w/Y-Pipe $70.00
Silencer $50.00
Yellow Rear Bumper Covers (pair) $20.00
Skis w/carbides $95.00 for the pair
ProX Right Trailing Arm $55.00
ProX Left Trailing Arm $55.00
ProX Front Ryde FX piggyback shocks $150.00
Radius rods $50.00
Fuel Pump $20.00
Windshield low red $20.00
Windshield Tall $20.00
Windshield Tall $20.00
2001 Handlebar Pad $15.00
2002 Handlebar Pad $15.00
Edge Handle Bars $20.00
03 Pro XR Shorty Seat $275.00
Track 121 X 15 X 1.5 w/96 studs & aluminum double backer plates $165.00 [/color=red]
Polaris LIberty Big Block Boost Bottle- $20

Shipping not included and sorry I can't ship outside the US"

If you dont mind looking at the track and give me your honest opinion about it that would help me out. let me know thanks.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Sure I will take a look,,,,,I met Samuel a few weeks back and looked at some of his stuff.....His place is a mile from my cabin in Mancelona. Pickin up the shorty seat tonght

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
When I removed my studs, I ported the track. There were some pullouts, so I figured what would it hurt if I put some fresh holes in it? I drilled a hole with a holesaw over every stud hole, and it worked out fine. I don't know if the porting really did anything, but it felt like the track was more pliable and went around the skid more easily afterwards.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
track looks good....I would buy it if I was you....Sounds like there are others interested.

Samuel is a straight shooter.....Don't hesitate about buying from him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts