Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[blue]Ok So I need help. I am Very partial to Polaris But I am always open to new ideas what do you think is the best sled for me ??? [/size=4][/font=Georgia][/blue]

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Well, I hate to answer you question with another question, but...

What type of riding do you do?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fast and Hard lol , I am a Trail rider and then whatever comes along the trail :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Actually im partial to the zr 600 or zr800 cross country edition..but i guess it is about what would suite you best..how do you like your sled to handle?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It Really Dont Matter I can handle pretty Much any sled But i just was wondering what one would be best for me !?

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Well if you want opinions, you've come to the right place.
I say stick with what you know, and that's Polaris. My guess is that you want to move up to something bigger-better-newer than your fan cooled 440.
You can't go wrong with a liquid cooled 500. The Liberty engine is supposed to be better than the Fuji, but both are good.
If you want to go faster than that, look into something with a 600.
Are you looking for new, left-over, or used?

One thing you might want to do when you are looking at sleds of any and every brand, is actually sit on the machine and see if it feels good or not.
I've actually sat on three different wedge style Polaris machines, and all three had a different feel to them.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
cant go wrong with any newer 600.. if your not all about top end. a newer 500 would work well.. good torque for trails.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I would say any cat 600 cross country edition (or 580), or for that matter, pretty much any 600 that you can get a good deal on. From 98 up theres was tons of good sleds that would fit that riding style well.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I would say a 600 polaris. it all depends on how much you want to spend too.

·
Registered
252 Posts
since you do trail riding I think I would go with a fan cooled motor
Brand that's all personal preferance,I see you like Polaris that's a thumbs up!
If the trails you ride on get hard packed a liquid cooled motor has the chance of overheating.
Look at a 500 to 600 sled.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
^^^ ive never ran a fan cooled sled and have never had a problem with overheating.

·
Registered
252 Posts
wilb I haven't had the problem either just know a few that have
had that problem this year.One guy popped the motor in a 800 RMK
(broke the piston skirt)said he got the sled hot.
We use his fan cooled sleds for Mountain Lion hunting seem to work good on all the trails.
When we have to break trails it's with my 700RMK or his 800RMK
Just what I've seen not saying it's a common thing.

·
Registered
644 Posts
hah what if i came along on the trail ha JK!!!!! well for sure a legend 500 or a 600 xc? enough power with out killing urself ..best thing for yah [:)]

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by PhazerBoy
[br][;)]Said it before,and I'll say it again, [:p]FIRECAT![:p] an F5 should feel pretty damn good between your legs.[;)]
I would say F5.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts