Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a racing helmet (the kind that require goggles) when i trail ride. I was just wondering who else uses them for the trail and what they think of them.

Personaly, I think that their great, only time I ever get get cold is going down a road at about 65+mph.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
All the time.

Except when it's really cold, then I wear full face.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
They're Grrreat! (a bad Tony the tiger voice)...LOL.

I like them. Doesn't ever fog, ventilates well, less sweaty build-up, and the visor blocks snow chunks too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i wear a skidoo modular helmet. when i bought my ski doo i was going to get a racing one but the dealer talked me out of it. he said i would get really cold. the modular is really nicely ventalated so i dont mind it, but i hate full hellmets. i use a race helmet with my atv and i never got cold even in the winter.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've always worn a full face but have been dying to try a moto style. What type of mask do you guys wear with it? Still the "no fog" type snorcle?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use my motocross helmet with Scott Turbo flow gogles. I ordered the HJC nose piece and I never have a problem. On really cold days I feel it a little. I find it much better because I wear contacts.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have always used a motocross helmet for the 3 yrs i have been riding,well thats because i also ride moto-x so i didnt want to have 2 helmets. This year i went and bought a new hjc full face helmet. I used it once, I didnt like it, wouldnt give me enough moving room,and to heavy. I'm gonna take it back and buy a moto-x helmet.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I love my full face LS-air 3, something about a full face that is comforting, like I am inside a tank, ready for battle.
Electric sheilds are a bit of a pain with the cord, but it's better than not being able to see.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have a thor svr helmet and love it, and scott goggles, love it. wouldnt be caught dead in a full faced helemt

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took off my nose peice, it didnt fit my nose right. Now my goggle fog up once in a while, and it takes FOREVER to unfog, and i seemed to have lost the nose peice, ha. I'll probably end up ordining another one...anyone know how much they are? and my goggles are the okley O-frame? they have the little nub things for the plastic tear off's. those tear off's can be nice in deep powder...get any on ur goggles u just tear off a sheet and ur good to go.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I just started wearing my Fulmer, open faced this past weekend, I loved it. The visibility and light weight is great. It was about 20 degrees F and so it was pretty comfortable as far as temp goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts