Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am NOT asking about the price. Sleds are expensive here I have been looking for months and this is the cheapest storm I've seen.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-Great-Sled-For-ONLY-1350-W0QQAdIdZ227615016

What do you think about the condition? I am getting him to stop by with it so I can take a look at it.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Needs a top end or at least rings, 120 is kinda low, acceptable, but asking for it.
Looks alright, not mint or anything, but nothing major.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
120 isent low.... thats middle. below 100 needs a rebuild.
he is on drugs if he thinks he is going to get $2000 for that sled.
the sled itself isent to bad. the price is high. If i where you i would look at picking one up here in the states. it will be way cheaper.

·
Registered
845 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
the sled itself isent to bad. the price is high. If i where you i would look at picking one up here in the states. it will be way cheaper.
Low and medium is the same thing when it comes to a high strung 2 stroke motor.
Sorry, if its my sled, I want it to be perfect, 140 psi +, not taking chances, especially with a triple.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
you must rebuild alot then...
my dads ultra has had 115 across the board for 5 years... not a problem yet. and the motor pulls HARD!

·
Registered
845 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
you must rebuild alot then...
my dads ultra has had 115 across the board for 5 years... not a problem yet. and the motor pulls HARD!
Ya.. no.. sleds got 145 psi and 9000 miles on the original motor.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
snowdriven said:
sTOrMy96 said:
Low and medium is the same thing when it comes to a high strung 2 stroke motor.
Sorry, if its my sled, I want it to be perfect, 140 psi +, not taking chances, especially with a triple.
thats becuase you have no clue, the storm isnt a high strung engine its a low rpm engine. 7800 is where you clutch it to. I dont know what a high strung engine means, i have trail rode an 800 triple at over 180 hp and never needed to rejet or reclutch. must be a twin thing, to get an 800 twin to 180 hp and trail ride it i can see that you would have a hard to tune trail sled that you would have to mix race gas into.

120 is a good number for that engine. its a clean looking sleds seems to be well taken care of, just sad that your part of the world has to price them so high, for 2 grand you can find 800 xcr's, or for the same 1300 you can be picking up 98 600/700 xc's, for 2 grand in mn. you can find a good first year edge 600.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts