Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my 2003 Suzuki 400z for sale or trade for a sled.

I have a offer for a 96 Ski doo mach z 780. He says he has a 925 crankshop motor straight from Canada. Its piped clutched and 200 studs. Went 98 in 800ft I don't know if that's true or not. The body of the sled has 1700 miles. Motor has 100 miles the sled looks mint. He wants to trade straight up for my quad. I might do it seeing how the quad just sits in my shop and collects dust. Here's a pic of the sled. 2010927132139296_32286.jpg

What do you guys think I don't think the motor would last to long and I know it wouldn't be a good trail sled at all.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Depends on how good it was built. Personally i wouldn't trade, 4-wheeler season out, snowmobile in, most profit lost right there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
but that quad is worth almost double the sled if i wanted another sled bad enough i would sell the quad out rite, or sell it and put the money into the sled you have, thats what i would do

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Winks84 said:
but that quad is worth almost double the sled if i wanted another sled bad enough i would sell the quad out rite, or sell it and put the money into the sled you have, thats what i would do
+1

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Mach z is a nice sled, fast, had one, but i definitely think you could do better with that nice quad. With that bike you could get something 00 and up.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
snowmobileguy said:
I put my 2003 Suzuki 400z for sale or trade for a sled.

I have a offer for a 96 Ski doo mach z 780. He says he has a 925 crankshop motor straight from Canada. Its piped clutched and 200 studs. Went 98 in 800ft I don't know if that's true or not. The body of the sled has 1700 miles. Motor has 100 miles the sled looks mint. He wants to trade straight up for my quad. I might do it seeing how the quad just sits in my shop and collects dust. Here's a pic of the sled. 2010927132139296_32286.jpg

What do you guys think I don't think the motor would last to long and I know it wouldn't be a good trail sled at all.
If hes saying its a crankshop motor from Canada then stay away from it. I thought the CrankShop was in Essex Junction, VT? Ask him if he'll throw some money on. I think the sleds worth $1400 ( unless its a full crankshop motor from the ground up ) or so from what your telling me, and your wheeler worth $2000-$2200.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts