Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does my chaincase oil look OK? i think someone might have put some of that new water cooled chaincase oil in it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
That's really wierd, I would probably put regular gear lube in there rather than that stuff.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Nice....Is this on the race sled? Glad you cought it early..

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, on the race sled. the other day i was running around and Sickler reached in there and pulled the stick, we laughed about that one a bit. for some stupid reason i didn't check it before. good thing i just ordered a few bottles of Klotz that came in last week.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by FanaticEdgeX
[br]That's really wierd, I would probably put regular gear lube in there rather than that stuff.
it looks like that because water got into it and when water and oil mix up it looks like slightly grey heavy cream. i was just joking asking about it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Yeah, I just changed the oil in the snowthrower at work yesterday. Its finally suppose to get really cold tonight with snow so there is some hope floating around. The oil in the snowthrower was the same way, I had to put three quarts of oil through to get all the crap out of it.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by FanaticEdgeX
[br]Yeah, I just changed the oil in the snowthrower at work yesterday. Its finally suppose to get really cold tonight with snow so there is some hope floating around. The oil in the snowthrower was the same way, I had to put three quarts of oil through to get all the crap out of it.
the nice thing about the chaincase is you can just spray the heck out of it with brake cleaner to clean it out, let it dry and fill it back up. when you get water in the crankcase of something like a snowblower or something like that it's much more of a pain.

·
Registered
700 Posts
kinda makes ya how that much water got in there.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
ya i did a lower unit on a boat this year that was greenish gray. At least you found it when you did. That would have been ugly later in the year. make sure it seals up nice and tight.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm gonna guess it went in through a vent. at least i'll hope it's a vent and not the driveshaft seal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts