Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive always wondered what does a boost bottle do on a snowmobile, ive read about them and it doesnt tell me at all what it does, can u guys help?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Not much really. It equalizes any differences in turbulence or pressure (vacuum) between the two carbs, maybe the way they resonate too.

At the very most, you might gain a little throttle response. If you've gained alot of power by installing one of these than it's probably because OTHER things where NOT in proper running order to begin with! If you keep your carbs/intake/reeds sync'd and in good condition, I personally render the device useless, otherwise all the manufacturer's would be installing them; even though a few do.

Plus, I'd prefer not cutting holes in my carb boots.
I'd rather spend the money on upgraded reeds instead.
Just my opinion. I know this is a topic of much debate.

·
Registered
528 Posts
A pretty good explanation of the function of the boost bottle.

http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles/aaTECH/boost_bottle_theory.htm

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya i saw those boondocker nos kits and was actually thinking of one because i think it would be cool to maybe be able to blow by a big bore sled itd be sweet

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya thanks for the info and id rather not cut up my carbs either what would u guys say to a turbo that would make my 400 put out 210 horsepower i would need 196 picks just to hook up or at least thats what my uncle says and hes pretty smart when it comes to snowmobiles so i trust him on what hes saying

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
1.They dont make a boost bottle for your sled to begin with so yeh dont have to worry bout putting one on.

2.Nitrous on a 400 would not be a good combination.

3.Were do you get 210 hp from a turbo? Have you seen a 400 with this done or are u just guessing?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no i heard from my uncle who talked to the guy who makes tham and apparently they are made for any 2 stroke engine and puts any snowmobile to 210 hp so im not sure about my 400 for sure

·
Registered
749 Posts
Well from what you said about a month ago, apparently you're indy 400 will do 100mph and keep up with 700's so what are you worried about. BTW, i can't see a 68hp motor going all the way up to 210, sorry.:)

·
Registered
777 Posts
hey checkered,How about twin turbos,420 hp .Not to shabby.
don,t believe everything your told.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Originally posted by checkered_indy_400
[br]ya i saw those boondocker nos kits and was actually thinking of one because i think it would be cool to maybe be able to blow by a big bore sled itd be sweet

It's not going to happen. If you want to go faster save your money for a bigger sled.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya im not really into moddifieing my engine or anything if i wanted to go better than what i do now id get a switchback or a pro x right now im trying to get my hood repaired from a small accident and new gracphics for the ones that got wrecked i have to do that get a new jackshaft in and a belly pan pretector as well as a windshield bag and a new front shock if i was going to do anything to get more power id probably pipe it but that will be after this winter

·
Registered
874 Posts
Originally posted by checkered_indy_400
[br]ya thanks for the info and id rather not cut up my carbs either what would u guys say to a turbo that would make my 400 put out 210 horsepower i would need 196 picks just to hook up or at least thats what my uncle says and hes pretty smart when it comes to snowmobiles so i trust him on what hes saying
Hahahah...your uncle is a funny guy!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
like some one else said. this is my daily comic strip. i know ther is a cople stages of turbo for the rx1 one makes it put out 210 hp im not sure what the other was i think 180 or somthing.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Originally posted by madd_dog
[br]like some one else said. this is my daily comic strip. i know ther is a cople stages of turbo for the rx1 one makes it put out 210 hp im not sure what the other was i think 180 or somthing.
I saw an RX-1 Mountain sled last year at Valmont, BC that had a turbo. He sure had a hard time starting it but once it fired, the sound was very cool! He went up that mountain pretty good. Too bad that sled weighs so much.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
itd be too much money for a turbo and nos and the sled isnt worht it cuz of the yr so i would only pipe it and that would have to wait till next yr

1 - 20 of 26 Posts