Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading the thread about the Cat that went up in flames. Erick mentioned that he needed to check to make sure his insurance covered fire and theft. That got me to thinking...

I just recently put insurance on my sled - $120.00 for a year of full coverage. I have not yet received the policy in the mail so I have no idea what it covers, I'm going to have to call and get information.

So anyway, is it common that when you buy full coverage insurance, you aren't REALLY FULLY covered? I guess I assumed that if I paid for full coverage and the sled catches fire, it's covered. Also, if it's stolen it should be covered. Are these things that I have to ask for and pay more for? This is the first time I've had full coverage on a sled, so it's a new game for me.

What doesn't your insurance cover??

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I pay only for fire, theft, and liability (to cover the other guys sled) I think, nothing else. It was something like $80 per year through State Farm. Heck, may only be fire and theft. I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
On my plan comp is rain,wind,fire,theft.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I think mine might just be liability and theft, but luckily for me my parents said they'll pay it for a few more years unless I get a ticket.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Liability.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
covers everything, vandalism,fire,all that. and its like 50bucks, cuz we only pay, dec,jan,feb,march. the rest we put storage insurance on them for like 5bucks a month

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Everything for me, 5 hundred deductible and 224 for the year. A competitor wanted me to pay more, like 460 a year but he would offer me a 100 dollar deductible. What a deal! I told him the only way I would have to worry about the deductible was if I totaled the sled. There was no point in using the insurance and have the rates go up unless I had too. I only have it so I can ride state land and property.

·
Registered
289 Posts
mine is covered for fire, wind, hail, theft, and deer. it costs me 369 a year for comp and collison

·
Registered
737 Posts
Just Liability

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have full coverage which covers everything $150 per year

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
$180.00 per year through USAA and it covers everything.
Theft
Fire
Liability
Flood
Uninsured
Damage

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
full coverage for me 140.00 a year

·
Registered
284 Posts
full coverage here... runs me about 490.00 a year. I have to have the full coverage because in the great state of michigan if u are hauling it on the road on a trailer and u get hit or what have you your normal auto insurance on your road vehicle doesnt cover it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
theres some pretty wild insurance coverages like flood and water. here in ontario you have to have liability. this year im with TD general and im paying 75 for liability, fire and theft

·
Registered
87 Posts
In good ole NY, you have to have insurance for the sled and trailer. I have full coverage for sled. That includes fire, left, liability, and collision. If sled is damaged while in transit than the insurance will cover damages. $240.00 for a years coverage for both.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts