Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What else should I know about my triumph engine? I know all of this:

-All about the jetting
-That the sled has double row bearings
-The carb slides update
-The belt I should be using

Anything that I missed or should know or keep a heads up on?

Thanks I just dont want to blow anything up [xx(] (knock on wood)

I am starting a little notebook on my sled.[:)] just so I can always refer back to the note book or even on here.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
yup

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
pretty sure it was the -04 Revision engine that got that update.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
they had a few revisions of the XLT engine, the latest one from late 97 and up was the 04 version, basically updates to fix all the crank, head problems, much more durable engine.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by CanadianXCR
[br]they had a few revisions of the XLT engine, the latest one from late 97 and up was the 04 version, basically updates to fix all the crank, head problems, much more durable engine.
ok I understand now thanks for explaining.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when is the time i should start worrying about my engine. I am getting 120psi's out of every piston right now.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I think you should take that engine out, and trade me for my real fast, super duper, pretty 500 engine. Its a good trade.lol. First, need to find what jets work good in it, second, take the water out of the gas, 3 set your floats, Im really hating the flat slide carbs, so expensive to repair,35.00 for needle and seat, 4 install DG can I just got, 3 months after paying a fellow SF member in ND.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by pinkpower33
[br]I think you should take that engine out, and trade me for my real fast, super duper, pretty 500 engine. Its a good trade.lol. First, need to find what jets work good in it, second, take the water out of the gas, 3 set your floats, Im really hating the flat slide carbs, so expensive to repair,35.00 for needle and seat, 4 install DG can I just got, 3 months after paying a fellow SF member in ND.
i am not swaping u lol your are just mad cause u see my tail light. and u dont have a real sled lol j/k. i know what jets to get and i have my freind brendan going to help me with that. as soon as i buy them and we get snow i can bring the sled and the jets over and get er dun. And for the can I am going with MBRP. as soon as i find out what 150 canadian is for the u.s. i am going to buy it. I love my sled ill never trade her for the world. she just needs a little tuning and shes there. o yea besides u could not take the triumph power bob[:p]. lol

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Originally posted by PolarisRocks0822
[br]
Originally posted by pinkpower33
[br]I think you should take that engine out, and trade me for my real fast, super duper, pretty 500 engine. Its a good trade.lol. First, need to find what jets work good in it, second, take the water out of the gas, 3 set your floats, Im really hating the flat slide carbs, so expensive to repair,35.00 for needle and seat, 4 install DG can I just got, 3 months after paying a fellow SF member in ND.
i am not swaping u lol your are just mad cause u see my tail light. and u dont have a real sled lol j/k. i know what jets to get and i have my freind brendan going to help me with that. as soon as i buy them and we get snow i can bring the sled and the jets over and get er dun. And for the can I am going with MBRP. as soon as i find out what 150 canadian is for the u.s. i am going to buy it. I love my sled ill never trade her for the world. she just needs a little tuning and shes there. o yea besides u could not take the triumph power bob[:p]. lol

that would be 128.649 USD
i translaTED it on the internet

·
Registered
169 Posts
as soon as i find out what 150 canadian is for the u.s.
Around 130 USD at today's exchange rate.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have the dg sitting here for ya. 75.00, then I will only owe ya 125 for the bike

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
forget the fart cans, get triples!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
know anyone that has a set for 75.00??? Every time we go out riding, your going too mdmaniac, this way you can do all the adjustments....... I should trailer the sled over to you, for the jets, or if you have time, we can do it at my place. "fart can" LOL

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

he knows it is a triple, he is telling him to get tripple pipes for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts