Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all this so far, looking for more. For everybody saying "Poor Crankshaft it will blow!" All the parts I have listed below have been on for over 2000 KM and never did I change a single part on my XLT except plugs.

- VForce 3 reeds
- Oversized
- Clutch kit stage 3
- 91 Octane carbs
- High end jets(?) «- I didn't build this, a friend of mine did whatever he did, it works.
- Custom green paint (Green addict)
- Carbon fiber front and rear bumper
- C&A XTX skis
- 1.25" track 121"
- MBRP Race single exhaust
- Team Secondary and primary clutch
- 12 inch risers (with bars) «- They are so high because how the sled is built, 12 inch feels like 4 inch
- Custom made leather seat

Is their any special racing spark plugs? I want this sled as my race sled, just drag race. Not a sled i'll use all day long.

No issues yet, except after every summer the pilot jet always gets clogged somehow.

I love my XLT.

(The pics I added are outdated, but they are of my sled.) Photo0343.jpg Photo0347.jpg Photo0418.jpg

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
How did you put v-force reeds on a piston port engine?

What are 91 octane carbs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a friend of mine to install them ; wasn't too sure how to play with engines and he claimed he knew how. I don't know what he did to be honest because they don't have reeds on the 600's, the 680's and storms had reeds though.

91 octane carbs are just ùpgraded carbs to accept higher tier gas, on the carbs and needle they require 91 octane minimum or higher.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I hope you aren't 6ft tall like me, that short and low seat looks like it would be uncomfortable...

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Heh, how long did it take your buddy to install them?

Yeah, open the hood and post some pics..

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Show us a picture of the motor!Maybe you have a 96 xcr 600 engine in it.
The case reed XCR never came with a single pipe, only triple pipes.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
carbon fiber front and rear bumpers? they look like stock bumpers to me. do they even make carbon fiber bumpers? i dont think i have even seen anyone try and say they have them let alone anyone have real ones.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Throw some "Monster" stickers on it! They'll complete the package!

Kid doesn't seem to be to sure what he's got...... Just a parts list! LOL
he already has monster stickers. look on the gas tank in the pic of it in the snow! this thing must have about 250hp!

·
Registered
292 Posts
LMFAO! I didn't waste my time to zooming in!... I'm assuming he meant "Carbon Fiber VINYL" front and rear bumpers!... Pretty fancy.

He must be popular @ his high school! I'll give him a little credit for trying. Keep at it, one day you'll know what your talking about!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have all this so far, looking for more. For everybody saying "Poor Crankshaft it will blow!" All the parts I have listed below have been on for over 2000 KM and never did I change a single part on my XLT except plugs.

- VForce 3 reeds
- Oversized
- Clutch kit stage 3
- 91 Octane carbs
- High end jets(?) «- I didn't build this, a friend of mine did whatever he did, it works.
- Custom green paint (Green addict)
- Carbon fiber front and rear bumper
- C&A XTX skis
- 1.25" track 121"
- MBRP Race single exhaust
- Team Secondary and primary clutch
- 12 inch risers (with bars) «- They are so high because how the sled is built, 12 inch feels like 4 inch
- Custom made leather seat

Is their any special racing spark plugs? I want this sled as my race sled, just drag race. Not a sled i'll use all day long.

No issues yet, except after every summer the pilot jet always gets clogged somehow.

I love my XLT.

(The pics I added are outdated, but they are of my sled.) View attachment 364217 View attachment 364218 View attachment 364219
What do you plan on racing with that set up? Elans?:icon_smilie_BSmeter:kboom: Engine pics please.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Hopefully I didn't damage my sled by putting 91 octane gas in without the 91 octane carbs! Dang it! Lol you don't need special carbs. Those aren't 12 inch risers either.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Damn I thought this was a no bashing forum, you guys are starting to make this place sound like hcs. The kid doesnt know what he has, how about we help him figure it out? Find out where those v force reeds went and what not.

·
Registered
469 Posts
If you want this to be a drag racing sled ditch the bar risers and drop the sled down, you dont wanna be standing while your drag racing. And depending on where you run it you might want a different track, the 1.25" track isnt good for top speed runs

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
That green wedge is badass.

If I was smart and rich enough to convert a piston port motor to reed induction, I wouldn't be riding an XLT. Maybe your buddy gave you a V-force sticker? That's a good sticker to have, but I'd rather have Boyesen, since everyone has V-force.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts