Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i tore down my 97 ultra touring engine after it blew a seal in the water pump, causing the center rob bearin g to go out....... anyhow, i was wondering what year moters will fit and bolt up without alot of work. xlt storm etc? also i need a shop that can do the 680 crank. nothing local as i am in sothern ohio. thanks

medic 24

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
The storm uses the same lower half, as does the 600 XCR SP that was found in the aggressive chassis, i would see if you can get someone to re-do the bearing, or find a new crankshaft as opposed to getting a new motor...I will trade motors with you tho [:D]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea mdmaniac i bet u would.........anyhow its a 98 not a 97. im going to redo it just looking or thinking about a spare engine and i wondered what yrs/ styles/ etc would bolt up with out modifications to the chassas. besides i need a engine for this golf cart project this summer.........

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
storm motor is different. Direct bolt-ins are: '96+ xcr 600 SP, any year ultra, xcr 700, xcr 800. 7 and 8's had ves. Ultras can be found from $6-900. The 96 was the only year that the waterpump had its own seperate oil, not a bad thing, just gotta be aware of that should you buy one.

Send your crank to Pete Nydahl, did a great job on my ultra crank at a fair price. 262-857-7078.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Originally posted by Sno-X-treme
[br]storm motor is different.

See, learn something new everyday [:D]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
hanson race engines in minnesota does a wonderfull job on them cranks!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts