Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this tripple, Its a 597cc, the model# is: EC60pl-02. The motor number is: 84-02302 Is it a 84 motor? Thanx!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts
got a picture of it?

EDIT:i typed that model number into google and it came up as the engine model# used in the 80's indy 600.
this is the link i found it under, but it doesnt give specifics as to what particular year. but the 84-02302 on the engine might mean the year is 84?

http://www.vintagesnow.com/Polaris_files/engine%20electrical.pdf
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,541 Posts
if it is a 90s xlt/xcr motor it would be a 95ish motor, I believe that was the first year of the 597cc motor, the prior motor was a 580cc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a couple of pics...

20101211803851_25152.jpg

2010121175949570_25152.jpg


TNT123 said:
got a picture of it?

EDIT:i typed that model number into google and it came up as the engine model# used in the 80's indy 600.
this is the link i found it under, but it doesnt give specifics as to what particular year. but the 84-02302 on the engine might mean the year is 84?

http://www.vintagesnow.com/Polaris_files/engine%20electrical.pdf
I'm thinking 84 myself... You'd think my Polaris dealer could tell me... Nothing is simple!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
Im in line with TNT thinkn ya got a mid 80s 600 tripple. They can be a freakn blast. Little porting and some good pipes...i would reccomend Aaen for pipes and porting work. He made some killer 600 big block tripples!!!!! They set all kinda records back in the day!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
that is a mid 80s 600. you can bolt on 650 cyl's and have a 650. Good motor.


Oh and if your interested a freind of mine has a couple 750 top ends, that he may be willing to sell one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IndyRXL said:
that is a mid 80s 600. you can bolt on 650 cyl's and have a 650. Good motor.
Thats what I want hear! [thumb]

IndyRXL said:
that is a mid 80s 600. you can bolt on 650 cyl's and have a 650. Good motor.


Oh and if your interested a freind of mine has a couple 750 top ends, that he may be willing to sell one.

Hmmm... 750 xcr... This is how things get out of hand... lol How much? The bottom end is the same as a 750?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
that is an 80s motor for sure ether 600 or 650
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
kicson66 said:
IndyRXL said:
that is a mid 80s 600. you can bolt on 650 cyl's and have a 650. Good motor.
Thats what I want hear! [thumb]

IndyRXL said:
that is a mid 80s 600. you can bolt on 650 cyl's and have a 650. Good motor.


Oh and if your interested a freind of mine has a couple 750 top ends, that he may be willing to sell one.

Hmmm... 750 xcr... This is how things get out of hand... lol How much? The bottom end is the same as a 750?
Its a 750 bigbore kit, im thinking that its psi. It will bolt on to your bottem end its made for it. The stock polaris 750/800 bottem ends are diffrent. How much he wants ill have to ask, i know he has 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IndyRXL said:
kicson66 said:
IndyRXL said:
that is a mid 80s 600. you can bolt on 650 cyl's and have a 650. Good motor.
Thats what I want hear! [thumb]

IndyRXL said:
that is a mid 80s 600. you can bolt on 650 cyl's and have a 650. Good motor.


Oh and if your interested a freind of mine has a couple 750 top ends, that he may be willing to sell one.

Hmmm... 750 xcr... This is how things get out of hand... lol How much? The bottom end is the same as a 750?
Its a 750 bigbore kit, im thinking that its psi. It will bolt on to your bottem end its made for it. The stock polaris 750/800 bottem ends are diffrent. How much he wants ill have to ask, i know he has 2.
Gotcha! let me know....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, It's a "PL" motor. Made from 1983-1991. My guess is it's a 1984... Thanx Guys! Seems anytime I have a question the answer is always here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
kicson66 said:
Ok, It's a "PL" motor. Made from 1983-1991. My guess is it's a 1984... Thanx Guys! Seems anytime I have a question the answer is always here!
engine tags go just like chassis numbers, they are a year behind. 84 would be an 85. by looking at your pic, its an 85, 83 and 84 did not have oil injection, and this has the bosses for the oil pump.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,109 Posts
The performance shops were taking 600/650s to 732cc using 488 (Indy 500) pistons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
polarisorbust said:
kicson66 said:
Ok, It's a "PL" motor. Made from 1983-1991. My guess is it's a 1984... Thanx Guys! Seems anytime I have a question the answer is always here!
engine tags go just like chassis numbers, they are a year behind. 84 would be an 85. by looking at your pic, its an 85, 83 and 84 did not have oil injection, and this has the bosses for the oil pump.
Thanx...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,384 Posts
I have a 732 kit for that motor that I will sell you cheap. Needs some work but like I said I will sell it cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the_hog said:
I have a 732 kit for that motor that I will sell you cheap. Needs some work but like I said I will sell it cheap.
you have my attention. How much $? And how much work?
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top