Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 zrt 600. I've never owned a sled so I'm learning the ropes as I go. I filled it up with petrall, and went on a ride with my wife who got a '98 440 Jag and was also filled up when we started. We drove 40 miles and I was just about 3/4 empty and she was 1/4 empty. Now I realize I have three times the engine, but should I be getting 70+/- miles to a tank? If so, I've decided to name my sled the swill machine!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Mileage depends on how you ride as well as snow conditions. Powder, hill climbing, ruunin Wide open allot, etc, decreases mileage. On the ice, cruising the flats, or trails and you can go little further. More engine cc's takes more gas to fill the cylinders

·
Registered
83 Posts
7 miles per gal.sucks are your plugs black .
Were you riding wide open the whole time ?
I have a 97 Yamaha 600 itdoes 14mpg if I take it easy 12 if I ride hard .

·
Registered
324 Posts
YOu should be able to go @ 120 miles per tank on an easy trail ride.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the same sled and there is no way your going to get 120 miles to a tank unless your going downhill all the way and doing about 20mph.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well HighSierra that's probalby not true about all those CC's ,,, i've went out ridding enough this year with guys that had all sorts of sleds.
This past week-end we went out to Mont Tremblant and did about 260miles and i'll tell you what , out of the 5 machines that was there ,, i was the one who got the best millage and i've got a 97t-cat with a 2000 , 1000cc engine. The other machines there were a 99 zrt800, a 98 zrt800, Yamaha SRX and a MachZ championship series ,, and i was better then all of them ,,,,,,,,and we were ridding HARD ,, real HARD , so i gues that the more CCs the less the engine is forcing to pull it's weight ,,, and on average, i'd get about 75 miles to a tank,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts