Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wundering what everyone else out there uses? Currently I use a Garmin GPSmap76 and it works good for the trail but lacks a few things for street routing since I use it for both the sled and the motorcycle. Since there has been no snow the sled fund is starting to build rather nicely and the MRS has given me the ok to update[:D]

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i have a gpsmap 60cx. i love it and cant wait till we get some snow to try it out. me and my girlfriend took it with us on a all day 300 mile road trip. it was on the hole time and used hardly any batteries and was very helpful finding things to do along the way.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Garmin GPSMAP 76CS with remote antennae and 12V adapter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use a garmin Vista C . Last year i used it with batterys .You have to keep in in your pocket and your Xtra batterys warm. I also use it on the motercycle with 12v coard. Color screen auto routing on streets but not on trails.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Garmin RINO, 2-way radio, peer to peer locating of other RINO users in the area, works GREAT for keeping tabs on the kidlets... Also has NOAA weather channels, GMRS and FRS radio frequencies, altitude and temperature readings, a multitude of other things I don't use ;)

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I bought a Garmin Etrex Legend. I've used it to GPS the local trails and when I've been running around the state. So far I like it, but I've been thinking I should have bought the color version with the expandable memory to hold more.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Garmin Etrex Legend.. use it on the mountain bike, car, truck, and motorcycle. This year (if it snows) will be the first time trying it on the sled (mounted)

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I have the Garmin Etrex Legend C. It is a great GPS for what I need. I use the RAM mount on the sled...it works perfect.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lots of good suggestions everyone. Shopping for a new GPS is almost as bad asshopping for a new digital camera. Some GPS units out there now offer MP3 and Bluetooth capabilities. For now it looks like I will stick with my Garmin for use on the sled and see what comes out in the next few months.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
E-trex Legend. It stores enough, small, has all the options I need and is cheap enough where if I roll and kill it I'm not out a bunch of cash.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I have a Garmin GPS V

I've had it for awhile. I think '04.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Will one of those pick up the snowmobile trails? Or can I download em or sumpin.

I'm not gonna lie, I know nuthin about em, but have been thinking about em

So whats the dilly-o?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
some maps do include trails. not all do thought, but if your the type of rider that makes your own trail then you can keep the tracks of were you have been and can go back out next time. also if you do alot of back country riding you wont get lost. you can keep track of your miles and top speed, fun stuff like that. they are nice to have if you do any hiking or camping or even travel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts