Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i now have 15 inches![:D]
We'll i cant figure out how to post the pics i just took, as soon as someone helps me figure out how i'll show ya[:D]
if i click on the insert image icon it just puts
into my post i tried saving them to my documents and putting them in using the file icon but it says they are not allowed or not accepted or something like that[:(!]

/snofan/../images/users/95INDYSPORT-NY/top2.gif

·
Registered
273 Posts
Your from NY right? I am, but I only got 7 inches. I know a lot of you are thinking "I'd die for 7 inches!"[:D]

Originally posted by 95INDYSPORT-NY
[br]i now have 15 inches![:D]
We'll i cant figure out how to post the pics i just took, as soon as someone helps me figure out how i'll show ya[:D]
if i click on the insert image icon it just puts
into my post i tried saving them to my documents and putting them in using the file icon but it says they are not allowed or not accepted or something like that[:(!]

/snofan/../images/users/95INDYSPORT-NY/top2.gif

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i'm from NY just off of the lake

·
Registered
88 Posts
i'm from fredonia ny and we were suppossed to get hammered as well but i woke to only 2". what gives? hey 95indysport how fast is your sled? my wife has the same and only goes about 65-70 mph just seems kinda slow to me

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had mine up to 90

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
The filename must not have a capitalized extension. It must be .jpg or .gif for it to work, it can't be .GIF or .JPG or .JPEG

Also after it's done uploading you have to click "close window" so that it will insert the right image.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it says that its a Bmp file How can i make it into a .GIF or .JPG or .JPEG?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
go into a program like paint. Open your picture, Then click "save as.." When you save it put the name you want it then .jpg at the end. So it looks like this. "mypic.jpg" Then save it.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Also, Pman I beleive Erick changed it so that the .jpg doesn't need to be lower case...

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
huh, how about that. Nice to know I was told that. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
90 on a Sport 440 fan? How steep was the cliff? 75 to 80 is the norm on a well maintained, well set up, good running 440 fan. A good friend had a Super Sport 488 with a pipe, clutched and jetted just right up to 85 and that was almost 8 mph more than stock. My brothers Indy Lite 340 thats been jetted and had the clutching played with will go 72 mph with a 130 lb person on it and 68 with a 195 lb person. Heck I know of 500 liquids that have a hard time breaking 90 to 95 mph. God bless you if your fan will go 90, but I seriously doubt it. Better have it clocked on radar and boy will you be shocked![:0]

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Yeah, I changed it, and I remember telling you, cause I thought I showed you the post with the digital camera stuff. Oh well, it was fixed anyways.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its stock except for an awesome clutch and yes i've had it on radar @ 90

·
Registered
277 Posts
Lets see, I had a 93 XLT that was piped and clutched, putting out 110 hp, stock gearing, clocked at 104 mph with a 190 lb. person. A 98 Storm putting out 146 hp was clocked at 123 mph with a 135 lb. person. My 97 XCR 600, slightly tweaked, putting out 123 hp, geared down, clocked at 114 mph with a 190 lb. person. So thats why I find it hard to believe that a 45 to 50 hp sled that weights in around 430 lb. dry, close to 500 lb. full of gas and oil, will do 90 mph. Must be the laws of physics are different for 440 fans.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I guess it's possible it could hit close to 90, but i bet it takes a looooong time to get there. Plus the need for a smooth, flat lake or trail.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Back to the topic: Snow.

The nightly news just announced that Amarillo, Texas is getting about 3-6" inches of snow today!! No fair! Texas gets snow, and we sit here freezing cold looking out the window at ugly brown grass.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes it took a long time to get there, but it got there(it was on the lake) it surprised the sh*t out of me too, but it did it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just checked,it was 86 not 90 but still wicked fast for a 440 fan, ya arent the laws of physics great

1 - 20 of 22 Posts