Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Way this winter is goin, im just gonna start to set my sled up for grass drags or watercross for the summer. You know for sure you will always be able to ride in the summer, dont matter how much snow u have. Park the sled in the winter, ride her in the summer...lol..kinda far fetched idea..of course if i had the money, i would do that, oh well..just a thot

Ready to Ride...NEED SNOW!!!!!!...if you have snow, i hate you...

·
Registered
506 Posts
I know how ya feel buddy, my uncle is a dealer, I broke a chain on my old grass sled and was gonna trade it in neways, so I just said, "take it, when my SRX shows up we'll just set her up for grass as soon as she shows up"

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same with my sled. Went to a few races last year and it looked like fun. I just don't know if that is what I want to do that to my sled though, I only have 1100 miles on the snow.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
506 Posts
ya, I would highly recommend it, it's ALOT of fun. Not all that hard on the sled either. Not good for the track, and you pretty much have to write off a belt for it every year, but other than that, there's nothing seriosly bad for it. Just remember to hookup cooldown hookups and cool her after every run.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
529 Posts
What is the best way to cool it. I have seen people using large coolers. Not sure on how to set something like that up. Do you know of any websites that would sescribe something like that.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
506 Posts
not to hard to set up.

just get a set of hydrualic couplings from a local hardware store, and make sure that the fittings fit the coolant hose in your sled. then get another piece of hose (small) the same size as what you have on the sled. now pull the hose out at some point (right near the overflow works well on '97-02 non-SRX, non-viper yamaha's) then you attatch the piece of hose that you got at the hardware store to that spot, and attatch a coupling to the other end. Now you should have a piece of hose with one coupling end on it, and another hose (original to the sled) with nothing attatched to it. Now you just attatch the other coupling to the piece of hose with nothing on it, and you can just link the couplings together.

should work like a charm, if anyone needs better instructions just Email me, and I'll help ya out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts