Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the sled in question is a 1999 MXZ 670 H.O. in very good condition, stock engine, one owner, 2,300 miles, clutched, upgraded rear springs, good track, 194 studs, upgraded skis, $2,000 obo. Now to me $2,000 seems a bit high for this sled but i need some input from others. Do you think its worth it? I owned a 97 mxz 670 last year and it was fun while it lasted (bottom end went-crank bearings?) I like the power of the 670, im not sure how reliable they actually are because the one i owned was beat to hell, but im guessing its like anything else, if you keep up on the maintenance, things will last. Well let me know what you guys think...??

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
The 670 is one of the best motors ever put in a snowmachine, very well known for there reliability. Price may be a little steep but if its clean its probly worth it. Try to talk him down a bit.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I would estimate it is worth $1500-2000. The 670 HO had a few problems with crank bearing failure. The outside PTO bearing was too small and sometimes they would go. If that happens you can usually find a rebuilt crank for $450 with the wider bearing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got my '99 Summit X 670HO last year with 2100 miles for $1600. Love that motor. It still has the factory paper tags on the clutch, head, etc.

I live in Colorado and 10 year old sleds go pretty cheap.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
That's what they go for around here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
tdgbigfoot said:
That's what they go for around here.
Good to know, 'foot!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
It sounds pretty clean but you can also get a pretty clean edge chassis sled for that same price, which I think would be better in many ways. You can get F-series sleds at that price point as well.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
motodeficient said:
It sounds pretty clean but you can also get a pretty clean edge chassis sled for that same price, which I think would be better in many ways. You can get F-series sleds at that price point as well.
How so?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Not sure what you are asking me? Edge is a newer chassis with better suspension, some of them have wider running boards, 600 liberty is one of the most bulletproof motors made.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I am going to haggle with him on the price, and if i cant get it for 1,700-1,800 i think i'm gonna pass on it. I am definitely keeping my options open, i do like the f-series sleds a lot and the edge chassis seems like a nice choice as well. thanks for the input guys.[thumb]

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think the '99 is an "S" chassis-

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had one of those. Bought it with 500 miles on it. It had 8,500 on it when I sold it! Was a GREAT sled! Wish I would have kept it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts