Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[xx(]is it just me or are the sled getting more rediculous looking i feel personally most of the newest version are become discustiong ... example... phazer where did the old body lines go ![V]

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yeh, I know what ya mean. They are starting to look more like ATVs than snowmobiles. I never could stand the looks of ATVs either.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I agree and disagree. I agree there are more ugly sleds today than a few years ago. But there are a lot of great looking sleds out there now too.

Ugly - Phazer/Venture Lite, Freestyle, IQ 440, Rev

Good - Apex, Nytro, Vector, M/Crossfire, F series, RMK, IQ

The rest pretty much fall inbetween for me.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I like them acors some of the new sleds look horible imo firecats. i mean the 2007's not the old firecats jmo.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If they stayed the same people would be complaining that they were getting boring and dull. I like the new spin they put on things. If no one has the energy to put in on the line and express something that is out of the ordinary then some of the coolest sleds would not have been. The Firecat, Rev, Phazer(first gen) the old wedge sleds. I'm all for new and interesting designs. I may not prefer to ride a specific brand or sled but it can only push the rest of them to compete.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I thought they were ugly to until I acctually saw the sleds in person. Than I thought they were pretty nice. But, not as nice as the older sleds.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]I thought they were ugly to until I acctually saw the sleds in person. Than I thought they were pretty nice. But, not as nice as the older sleds.
I agree. Two that come to mind are the Rev and the IQ. When I first saw them in magazines or on the internet I did not like them at all. But in person they are not too bad. Not nearly as nice looking as the eternal beauty of the Wedge, though. Ha ha.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i agreee on the part where same sleds are going to get boring but the phaser i saw in person and is to extreme .. i think it will go back to the old way hopefully imo... but im all about progression but not a new lookign sled to make it "cool": frig that crap... i guess that is why ppl call me old school lol ps some one pm me on getting my personal avatar on here

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Looks are completely subjective. However, some of the new designs (*cough* IQ Racer) are that way for a completely functional purpose. The short nose on the sled really opens up the view and gives a person an entirely different aspect on riding sled.

PERSONALLY, I enjoy the new designs. This is a new generation of snowmobiles for a new generation of snowmobilers. Now, I admit I hated the way the IQ racer looked on the Internet and in magazines (couldn't get over the short nose) but until I actually saw one in person I could not even begin to realize how awesome, and functional the look was.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Originally posted by erick
[br]Looks are completely subjective. However, some of the new designs (*cough* IQ Racer) are that way for a completely functional purpose. The short nose on the sled really opens up the view and gives a person an entirely different aspect on riding sled.

PERSONALLY, I enjoy the new designs. This is a new generation of snowmobiles for a new generation of snowmobilers. Now, I admit I hated the way the IQ racer looked on the Internet and in magazines (couldn't get over the short nose) but until I actually saw one in person I could not even begin to realize how awesome, and functional the look was.
I completely agree the IQ racer needs to look that way in order for it to perform aswell as it does. That sled for me is like a mixed bag of nuts. Id love to ride one and think they kinda look badass. But the stubby nose gets to me. But it does have the meanest looking stance of any sled ever made.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Well i must say i dont really like the look of the new f series sleds! would buy a new crossfire though now thats a sweet lookin sled so is the m series but i dont have much use for a mountain sled around here!!!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
IMO the 06 IQ 440 is the best looking. The rev comes in second. The phazer is way far down on the looks list.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
im agreeing with everyone else The phazer is the uglyest thing ever, the free stayle bodys are gross too, i dont mind there newest free style with the red n hard gaurds n all, there skandic is yuck how ever the revs look nice(just dont like the white on them) however i do like the new cats Apex,Vector,Nytro, alse the RMK Dragon i love that look and the Graphics are wicked.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Originally posted by erick
[br]The short nose on the sled really opens up the view and gives a person an entirely different aspect on riding sled.
I'd have to agree with this 100%. When I look over the bars on my Edge, I see hood. When I look over the bars on the Phazer, I see the ground. I'm still getting used to it, but I really like the whole "no hood" thing.

I like the way my Phazer looks. It's different, it sticks out, it's thinking outside the box. I also like the way my Edge looks. Modernized classic styling, you won't confuse it for any other machine. I just really don't like driving or riding something that looks the same as everyone else's.

The whole "Extreme" styling thing seems to be happening everywhere though. Look at some of the concept cars the automakers have been dreaming up lately. Yikes. I think it's just a different generation of design stylists with different views of what the customer wants.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Originally posted by MonsterJay
[br]I agree and disagree. I agree there are more ugly sleds today than a few years ago. But there are a lot of great looking sleds out there now too.

Ugly - Phazer/Venture Lite, Freestyle, IQ 440, Rev

Good - Apex, Nytro, Vector, M/Crossfire, F series, RMK, IQ

The rest pretty much fall inbetween for me.
I completly AGREE

·
Registered
982 Posts
I think some of the new sleds look ok. I like the REV, the Fire cats looked good, the wedge chassis is a classic, the new yamahas have nice lines (I like the exhaust out the back). I prefer the look of the EDGE chassis over all of the polaris snowmobiles, and I'm not just saying that because I have one. The Fusions looked ok to me but I agree with what another member said once, "It looks like a cracked out Owel." Fusions to me are one of those sleds that look better in person than on a screen or in a magazine. I prefer a mechanical and functional look for a sled rather than trying to make it look like an animal or something. In the most basic form I think the Phazer looks kind of neat. When I see it, I see something that I want to throw around in a ditch or something where I'm not thinking of appearance, not to cruise two or three hundred miles in one day.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Originally posted by 07Phazer
[brThe whole "Extreme" styling thing seems to be happening everywhere though. Look at some of the concept cars the automakers have been dreaming up lately. Yikes. I think it's just a different generation of design stylists with different views of what the customer wants.
The difference is that a concept car is nothing more than a concept car. They have always been wacky looking, but they don't often end up in production.

The Phazer and Freestyle (to me) are hideous looking in magazines and on line. Now that I have seen them in person I would have to say that they are still hideous.

I like the IQ's, some of the Rev's, the CrossFire/M's.

Don't like the F-series, the Phazer, Freestyle.

In the end though if you put them all out infront of me with a big field full of snow I would ride them all. [:)]

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Originally posted by ShoelessJoe
In the end though if you put them all out infront of me with a big field full of snow I would ride them all. [:)]
[/quote]

That sums up my thoughts exactly. They are all fun once your on them. Cant look at em while riding anyways. The only sleds out there i wouldnt want are the workhorses like skandics and VK profesionals.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Maybe its just that sleds are chaning to quickly. If the sleds changed appearnce wise throughout many years and at small amounts we probably wouldn't notice. I personally think that the look changed when companies started to make a "snub" nose look like the IQ even though i think it looks good. But i agree sleds have definately changed throughout the history.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts