Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just wondering if anybody knows a good way to get factory paint off of my sled. im going to polish the the tunnel but the paint is stoping me from doing it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
i have had excellent luck with aircraft paint remover. i get it in aerosol cans, spray it on, let it sit a bit, and the paint will scrape right off with a plastic putty knife. available at most fine auto paint distributors or from aircraftoolsupply.com

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
your tunnel doesn't have paint on it? the sled in your DP is a plain aluminum tunnel, no paint on it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No a differnt one has paint black paint and thanks i will give that air craft remover stuff a try.

·
Registered
377 Posts
contact cleaner will do it for sure. just dont get it on rubber or plastic it will dissolve it.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I always used that aircraft stripper on aluminum wheels to strip off old clear. Used it on my tunnel and it barely touched it. I had to do a lot of sanding to get the paint off. If I knew it was going to come off that hard, I would've just repainted it.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Aircraft stripper works great!! Let it soak for a bit, make sure its warm where its at, like 60+ degrees, and wear gloves and make sure you have good ventilation, that stuff will give you a headache like you wouldn't believe! When its stripped then polish. Anyone that sands it off is a better man than me, or just nuts!! haha

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
SXMTX said:
contact cleaner will do it for sure. just dont get it on rubber or plastic it will dissolve it.
IS this true? Never heard of it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
yup ive done it before

1 - 10 of 10 Posts