Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was just wondering what the largest cc sled that you have ever seen driven by the "trail police".

i have only seen two in the 5 years i have been sledding, and they drove 500 and 550 fans i think.

tell me where you have seen them and what they were riding.

thanks nik
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,272 Posts
In the Mountains I have seen 700-800 skidoo summits as police sleds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,322 Posts
well the 4 wheeler police in monroe wi i have seen em on 800cc polaris's and the police around here have 700cc polaris's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,722 Posts
I have seen them on 800 revs and don't think about running from them. They carry radios. You won't make it to the next road crossing. Some have even said they will shoot if you run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,044 Posts
Every year I see the same posts about how people want to run from the Police or brag about how they can.
Now we have people trying to see what equipment they have in what looks to me like the same reasoning.

It's about the dumbest thing you can do on a sled.
Go ahead, run from them.
When they do catch you, and they will, you will have a new title.
Felon.
Is it really worth it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]I have seen them on 800 revs and don't think about running from them. They carry radios. You won't make it to the next road crossing. Some have even said they will shoot if you run.
If you are running from them they can not shoot at you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Student Driver
[br]Every year I see the same posts about how people want to run from the Police or brag about how they can.
Now we have people trying to see what equipment they have in what looks to me like the same reasoning.

It's about the dumbest thing you can do on a sled.
Go ahead, run from them.
When they do catch you, and they will, you will have a new title.
Felon.
Is it really worth it?
who said i was going to run from them? with what my little 89 phazer, so dont come out here and just ***assume i wanted to run from them.

***= make a ASS of U and ME.

so thank you student driver
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,898 Posts
n our town we have 1 panther 550 and 3 t-660 turbo's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by arcticcatinc
[br]n our town we have 1 panther 550 and 3 t-660 turbo's
i like the look of those t-660 turo's. i alsways have, the nice red ones
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by bedwet
[br]
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]I have seen them on 800 revs and don't think about running from them. They carry radios. You won't make it to the next road crossing. Some have even said they will shoot if you run.
If you are running from them they can not shoot at you.
Why not??? Failure to stop for officer. Would you like to take that chance????not me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]
Originally posted by bedwet
[br]
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]I have seen them on 800 revs and don't think about running from them. They carry radios. You won't make it to the next road crossing. Some have even said they will shoot if you run.
If you are running from them they can not shoot at you.
Why not??? Failure to stop for officer. Would you like to take that chance????not me.
they are real officers there, i think here they are just wanna be officers, like a volunteer with the athority to give tickets. but we do have opp otario provicial police that have sleds to
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by 98srx700
[br]
Originally posted by Student Driver
[br]Every year I see the same posts about how people want to run from the Police or brag about how they can.
Now we have people trying to see what equipment they have in what looks to me like the same reasoning.

It's about the dumbest thing you can do on a sled.
Go ahead, run from them.
When they do catch you, and they will, you will have a new title.
Felon.
Is it really worth it?
who said i was going to run from them? with what my little 89 phazer, so dont come out here and just ***assume i wanted to run from them.

***= make a ASS of U and ME.

so thank you student driver
Did darin really bring your name into it. Read achotrod's statement. That is what has everyone in a uproar. We need snow everyone is alittle testy today....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,343 Posts
Originally posted by bedwet
[br]
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]I have seen them on 800 revs and don't think about running from them. They carry radios. You won't make it to the next road crossing. Some have even said they will shoot if you run.
If you are running from them they can not shoot at you.
I'd have to agree with you there, unless you were a known fellon they have no right to shoot. Also here in NH fish and game is the hardest law enforcement agency to get into which is why I gave up with it. There are 50 something statewide opposed to 3 hundred and something troopers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,903 Posts
i've seen around here 660 turbo arctic cat's and ive seen 1 700. that 660 kept up with my sled pretty good for awhile
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,327 Posts
Sorry guys i wasnt implying i would run just the fact that they probally wouldnt be able to catch me if i did!!!! AND BY THE WAY DONT EVER RUN FROM THE COPS THEY CANT SHOOT YOU, BUT THE CONSEQUENCES IF YOU DO WOULD RUIN YOUR LIFE!!!! NOBODY EVER NEEDS A FELONY ON THEIR RECORDS!!!PLUS THEY MIGHT JUST TAKE YOUR PRIDE AND JOY!!! THAT MEANS YOUR SLED!!! If you were just speeding i think anyone can live with just a ticket!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
In rhinlander wi, i have seen many and also talked to them. Here's what they had:

03 Z 440
?? Supersport 550 fan
05 F5
03 ZL 600

Around here they dont do very big motors for some reason. I know them all now so i never get pulled over for anything. well i do buts its just to talk. Heck, sometimes they ask me if i see anyone speeding.
 
1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Top