Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Alot of them use there personal sleds. But the ones "we" buy are fan cooled touring models. Minocqua usually has phazers but I think they are running vectors this year.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
"police sleds" i have only been pulled over by indy 500s and those sleds have all the computers and radios and radar guns.

but most of the cops use there own sled with just a radar gun a ticket book. biggest one was a t-cat 1000, and some indy 700 and F-7

·
Registered
476 Posts
thatd be a fun job riding sleds and getting paid for it, i have never seen cops around here so i dont even know if there are cops on sleds around here

·
Registered
901 Posts
i have talked to a couple out icefishing and they all rode 550 polaris touring's and i asked what would happen if someone started to run from them. they said unless they commited a serious crime they usually let them go so they arnt put in any more danger. but they go looking for the sled after and if they find it your ticket wont be a small one anymore

·
Registered
963 Posts
my friend's dad talked to his buddies at a bar they met up at and they claimed that the cops were chasing them and they ran. there was two of them and they were on the lake doing 120 on their 900's they claim and there were cop cars lined up ahead on the road crossing and they jumped it. the first guy said he cleared them all together and the second said he hit the top of the car. they both got away. now this could be and sounds like bs. but a good story anyways. i personally wouldn't risk it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
couple years ago i saw a couple police ridding the RX 1's. They were all decked out with lights and everythign to so i dont think they were private sleds. You can out run one or maybe two cops but no one can outrun a radio.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]
Originally posted by bedwet
[br]
[br]I have seen them on 800 revs and don't think about running from them. They carry radios. You won't make it to the next road crossing. Some have even said they will shoot if you run.
If you are running from them they can not shoot at you.
Why not??? Failure to stop for officer. Would you like to take that chance????not me.
An officer can not shoot at you for running. You have to make a Hostile advance on a civilain or the officer to even merrit them shooting at you. If you are putting yourself or others in danger by running they will most likley brake the chase off.. Many city police, county police and some state police departments have a "no chase" clause.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
^^^^True, they are not supposed to but who's to say they won't.

They may break off the chase. It is real easy to block off all trails in that area and hope you run into them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i've been pulled over by a cop on a sled before. it was an XLT600. me and my buddy were going on a trail that cuts across a lake, i had my little jag screaming going 70-75mph, looked back, saw a sled following, thought he'd pass but never did, didn't know it was a cop.

get up to the next road crossing and he pulls along side of me with his little lights going. he only wrote me a ticket for expired registration, didn't even say anything about speeding. (speed limit in MN is 50mph)
this was in ham lake, MN.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Cops ride skandic 600's round my parts. Not much of a hassle, can't keep to our group(we ride off trail). Never been a problem but wouldn't mind pullin up to lake and draggin with one!!:p

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
our city police now drive 2006 machz 1000, before i think they had 600 revs

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Originally posted by mnstang
[br]i've been pulled over by a cop on a sled before. it was an XLT600. me and my buddy were going on a trail that cuts across a lake, i had my little jag screaming going 70-75mph, looked back, saw a sled following, thought he'd pass but never did, didn't know it was a cop.

get up to the next road crossing and he pulls along side of me with his little lights going. he only wrote me a ticket for expired registration, didn't even say anything about speeding. (speed limit in MN is 50mph)
this was in ham lake, MN.
ouch how much is the fine for there?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Can't catch, what ya can't see

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Originally posted by rtx1000
[br]couple years ago i saw a couple police ridding the RX 1's. They were all decked out with lights and everythign to so i dont think they were private sleds. You can out run one or maybe two cops but no one can outrun a radio.
It seems in the story foxracing told, they outran the cops on the other side of the radio.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the dnr around forest lake had rx-1's. try and out run them. lol its a long lake, you will burn down before they even think about getting warm.

·
Registered
945 Posts
[br]I have seen them on 800 revs and don't think about running from them. They carry radios. You won't make it to the next road crossing. Some have even said they will shoot if you run.
Yeah, i'm sure they will shoot. Running from police is not a justifiable offense for them to shoot at you.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Maybe not but when they tell you that, In front of 10 guys, I am not the guy that wants to find out.

21 - 40 of 100 Posts