Snowmobile Fanatics banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Originally posted by FUSION900PA
[br]
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]I have seen them on 800 revs and don't think about running from them. They carry radios. You won't make it to the next road crossing. Some have even said they will shoot if you run.
Yeah, i'm sure they will shoot. Running from police is not a justifiable offense for them to shoot at you.
They don't shoot you for running.
They call their buddies waiting ahead and then procede that way too,
This way you are caught in the middle jst like the runner between 3rd and home caught in the squeeze play.
You get fatty ticket, probably spend the night in the crow bar inn, maybe lose your sled, and probably get a small jail sentance too as a reminder to not do it again. Don't forget the fatty fines that go along with it.

And for the guys who want to flame on me for calling it how I see it:
That's OK, you will grow up one day too.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The officers around are areas have several different sleds some are touring some are high end trail sleds. The sheriffs office are the ones patrolling as they are the only one with jurisdiction on water. When I took my sled safety class a long time ago, well I am sure not as long as some of you, we were told that besides the 2 ups the sleds they ride is determined by which [email protected]$$ is stupid enough to get theirs taken from them. Anyone who runs from them is risking a whole hell of a lot but that is your decision.

DW

·
Registered
99 Posts
haha around here i havent seen any but im sure that they couldnt keep up with me in the woods and when i took snowmobile safety the instructor was a real cop and he said that we shouldnt run even though we would probly get away. lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
In the Ottawa Valley, the cops are everwhere, but it is one of Ontario's hubs for sledding. I have seen a wide range of sleds, I have seen the OPP have anything from 600 Grand Tourings, to REV 800's to Polaris 800's. Also there is the volunteer OPP's and they ride their own sleds. Last year I saw more cops in that one year than I have in the past six. Don't know why, maybe they got a bigger budget. I think it is good though.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Originally posted by Student Driver
[br]
Originally posted by FUSION900PA
[br]
[br]I have seen them on 800 revs and don't think about running from them. They carry radios. You won't make it to the next road crossing. Some have even said they will shoot if you run.
Yeah, i'm sure they will shoot. Running from police is not a justifiable offense for them to shoot at you.
They don't shoot you for running.
They call their buddies waiting ahead and then procede that way too,
This way you are caught in the middle jst like the runner between 3rd and home caught in the squeeze play.
You get fatty ticket, probably spend the night in the crow bar inn, maybe lose your sled, and probably get a small jail sentance too as a reminder to not do it again. Don't forget the fatty fines that go along with it.

And for the guys who want to flame on me for calling it how I see it:
That's OK, you will grow up one day too.
hey student i am not flaming i am just telling you that i am not finding out what they drive to run from them. you may see it like that but what you see and what i ask are different.

why i asked to see what you guys have see the dnr riding is becuase me and my dad where talking, and i said they are "steeping it up on the trails this yaer, here in ontario." so my dad said i bet they are stepping up the snowmobile they drive too. i said i dount it but maybe. so i wanted to see what they normally drive to compare to this years sleds they ride.

like i would run, my parents would fine me with a swift kick in the ass, before any cop fines me.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
i got stopped last year for " reckless driving " by a dnr truck with a arctic-cat 660 turbo in the back of the truck. when i was side hilling an okay size hill on the side of the highway. the cop said " son you know you were driving very recklessly you shouldn't drive that way let me see your license" so i handed him my wallet with my gun safety certificate showing he hands it back and he says" okay... next time i see you ridin hard like that agian im givin you a ticket " boy was he payin atention to my license. and if your stupid enough to run form the cops don't blaim anyone but yourself

·
Registered
231 Posts
outside of duluth my friend got a talk with the dnr guy because he was riding his 72 skidoo in the ditch, the dnr went to his house and talked with his parents and was almost fined, that guy was a tree hugging prick

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It dosent matter what there on you can run from most of there motors but u cant run from there motorolas.. haha well thats what the last EPO told me i ran from. This year they got all new ones around me they all got those new arcticcat 660 turbos, there pretty nice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Originally posted by ski-dooguy
[br]our city police now drive 2006 machz 1000, before i think they had 600 revs
I know what you meen, In Ontario, not only are the Cop sleds faster, they've begun radar traps on the Trail. an dthe speed limit is 50KM/h. I've been stopped at least twice a year for the past 3.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
^^^
OUCH THATS SUCKS, I BETTER KEEP MY EYES OPEN

·
Registered
369 Posts
i ve seen cops on SRX 700's

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by Student Driver
[br]Every year I see the same posts about how people want to run from the Police or brag about how they can.
Now we have people trying to see what equipment they have in what looks to me like the same reasoning.

It's about the dumbest thing you can do on a sled.
Go ahead, run from them.
When they do catch you, and they will, you will have a new title.
Felon.
Is it really worth it?
Also, running from the cops is a felony. A friend of mine tried to run from the cops on his ATV last summer. He would have gotten a felony and up to 5 years in prison, but because he was going in the Air Force they just gave him a $1500 fine. Trust me, its not worth running from the cops.
The biggest cop sled I have ever seen is a Yamaha Vector (1,000cc).

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
depending on where i ride its either gtx550fans or up norht its machz1000, lol i wouldn't run from either of them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
And then they will lose their job, get charged with manslaughter and get sued for every cent that they're worth.

Happy to say that I've never seen an officer on a snowmobile before.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
haha around here i havent seen any but im sure that they couldnt keep up with me in the woods and when i took snowmobile safety the instructor was a real cop and he said that we shouldnt run even though we would probly get away. lol

you have to remember a couple things. one the dnr have all day to ride the same small trails over and over. they also have radios, and they also are not young and dumb. you could probably out ride me in the rough stuff. but if I had the resources the cops do. I would be waiting at your door step. who beat who?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Ares use a variety of sleds, generally big ones, but also, they know the trails very well. In NYS, there is a new law, that makes running from the law an instant felony. Its just not worth it. Most officers are decent and just check for papers, if a sledder opens his mouth, or decides to "flex", well, we all know the answer to that one. The roadblocks they set up are generally well exposed, and mainly at the trail heads. they will set up a few officers there, and also have a few waiting close by, for the runners. I just respect the trail, and know theres a time and place for the boondocking. SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY. I was hit by a guy running from the law, around a tight turn, threw me into a tree, so personally, if I see ya running, Im giving chase with them. remember the saying, "Radios are faster than rubber" LOL

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've seen last year during one of the poker runs some QPP on some Mach Z's. But i mostly just see volunteer trail patrols. And they can be on anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The last time I seen the snowmobile Sheriffs was on a 73 Panther out on Lake Mazaska during Monster Vigel Days near Sheildsville Minn. I wish they would bring back that festival, it sure was a good time. The monster they say is still in the lake.

·
Registered
201 Posts
A guy i know from my town ran from the cops on his sled last year he kept skipping under a bridge until finally they just sat and waited for him and one of the cops jumped on him and he just hept going until he hit a light pole broke his arm and the cops leg need less to say he spend a few months in jail and the had probation until this summer he was giving me and a couple of girls a ride home from a party and we saw a cop turn around so he freaked out and took off we crashed everyone was ok but he went back to jail for a few more months now he's out on house arrest

41 - 60 of 100 Posts