Snowmobile Fanatics banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I wouldent be sticking around if there was a cop after me up here in B.C last time I did the right thing they got me for $750. The fuzz lost all my respect and can try and catch me with there radios I know the area were i ride they'ed never find me if they looked for 3 weeks strait. So im sure glad I haver never seen any on duty riding.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well I live in Ont Canada and up here they ride all kinds of models of sleds but have a chopper for back up. But on the bright side on the lake 5 ft of the mark trail and hold it to the bar and go as fast as you like and open water no problems but they will not be in any rush to hall you out if you get out at all .

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Originally posted by tcat
[br]Well I live in Ont Canada and up here they ride all kinds of models of sleds but have a chopper for back up. But on the bright side on the lake 5 ft of the mark trail and hold it to the bar and go as fast as you like and open water no problems but they will not be in any rush to hall you out if you get out at all .
nice, i see you live in bomanville. where are you in bomanville. my cousins from iantomasi racing live there on the concession rd 4.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would hate to ride anywhere that has speed limits for sleds lol. Trails in my area are neither maintained for snomobiles or policed.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
who here in ontario drives the speed limit? j/w no bashing

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
i wasn't planning on posting this but i was goin across island lake with the indy 500 topped out.... went to the eagles nest sitting there having a pop and the dnr came in and said who's drivin the indy 500? i never confessed and never got a ticket

·
Registered
476 Posts
Originally posted by Sledheadto
[br]I wouldent be sticking around if there was a cop after me up here in B.C last time I did the right thing they got me for $750. The fuzz lost all my respect and can try and catch me with there radios I know the area were i ride they'ed never find me if they looked for 3 weeks strait. So im sure glad I haver never seen any on duty riding.
wow what did you do to get 750 dollar ticket

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]I have seen them on 800 revs and don't think about running from them. They carry radios. You won't make it to the next road crossing. Some have even said they will shoot if you run.
Any Officer that shoots at a running suspect, will get thrown in jail for a long time...A suspect has to be doing something that is harmfully threatening to an officer or another civilian before a cop is justified to even pull the trigger.

Originally posted by Achotrod
[br]Not sure but i bet it cant keep up with my sno pro!!!!!!!
Are you saying a Sno-Pro can't keep up to a Sno-Pro? If that was a true statement, and a cop on a sno-pro engaged you in a chase it would create a Black Hole that would engulf the entire universe...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Doesn't matter what they ride...Its what goes through the air, and last time I checked there wasn't a sled, car, boat, truck, or motorcycle, that can out run a radio wave....

·
Registered
476 Posts
i look at it this way if your on a trail were you can be easily blocked off at the end then dont out run, but say if your in an open field or a lake were you can go anywere then consider it

·
Registered
46 Posts
anypone know what kinda radar guns they are runing maybe ill outfit my sled with aradar detector or osmething....i ride mostly northern ontario ie. dorset north bay burks falls and parry sound

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
tcat im intrigued theres gotta be more to your story than just that

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well the raydar they use in Ont is laser and they have you by the time you see the light on your detector on the trail .Hay V-maxsledder well lets just say I have anuf power I use woodys 45 degrees custum gruond carbide race stud all 240 of them you do 2 or 3 runs and your arms hurt.[;)]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well the radar they use in Ont is laser and they have you by the time you see the light on your detector on the trail .Hay V-maxsledder well lets just say I have anuff power I use Woody's 45 degrees custom ground carbide race stud all 240 of them you do 2 or 3 runs and your arms hurt.[;)]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Radar in Ont. is laser so if you see your detector light up its to late. V-maxsledder well all I can say is 240 woody's 45 degree custom ground carbide race stud two or three runs and your arms hurt.[;)]you can see these bad boys at their sight 240 will cost about 750 bucks. the Id be here a long time 250hp+[:p].

·
Registered
77 Posts
Radar in Ont. is laser so if you see your detector light up its to late. V-maxsledder well all I can say is 240 woody's 45 degree custom ground carbide race stud two or three runs and your arms hurt.[;)]you can see these bad boys at their sight 240 will cost about 750 bucks. the Id be here a long time 250hp+.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts