Snowmobile Fanatics banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
In Watertown I've seen the cops driving two what looked to be Polaris 550 Tourings. They were all decked out with the Police outfit like lights and the whole deal. Miker told me he saw a DNR up near Lutsen with a 2003-2004 RMK 800 in the back of his truck. I wouldn't try and outrun him let alone any law enforcement. It's plain stupid. And also according to Miker I drove by a DNR officer in town where the speed limits like 25 mph I think. And I didn't know it was a DNR officer. He was on the other side of a road and I stopped at the stop sign like I was supposed to, but when I got to the other side of the trail I gave the people (which I didn't know one of them was a DNR) enough room to safely go by them and I pinned my sled right once I got next them and went ripping out of town, down the trail. I looked back after a while and Miker was putzing along which is very unusual because usually if I take off, he knows I pay more attention to things so it must be safe. So I slowed and he waved at me to stop. Mike came running up to me and told me that one of them was a DNR officer and I guess he was just staring at me while he was talking to the other person he was with. So needless to say we hauled our asses out of that area and got off the trail and into the ditches just in case. Otherwise I always seem to get lucky and actually be going the speed limit when I see an enforcement officer which isn't all that often.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think most of the tree cops in minnesota ride sleds that have been confiscated from idots who run, or drink and ride, stuff like that. I know that's how they get their boats and stuff. So if you don't want a Dnr officer riding your sled next season, pull over.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
^^ good post points. and t-cat all 5 of your posts sound fun haha

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I have never seen a cop on a snowmobile before. They mostly watch the trails from there car that go through town.

·
Registered
43 Posts
In Ontario, each and every detachment/precinct is different, each year they sit down and see how much of their operating budget they can alot for sleds/equipment. if they have officers who are qualified and willing to patrol Ontario trails and they can justify the expenditure their off and running, here in Eastern Ontario they run low end Polaris touring machines 500/550's, last year at least. Like its been stated before nothing outruns a radio. As per shooting not in Canada unless the officer feels that his life or a life is in pertinent danger they are prohibited. Now the USA is different, they shoot anything that moves, don't they? LOL Joking guys..

·
Registered
764 Posts
Up in indian river , Mi i got stopped by a 1000 4 stroke doo, and down in cadiallac, im thinking the guy was on a polar dog 500, not sure though, but he had a gun, so i guess he wins

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
usually when they try to stop you its only because they couldnt see your regestration or something along those lines.. why run? in the end you'd prolly end up in a tree AND still get caught.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Well when a game warden tells you that. What are you to beleive[?]

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Originally posted by tcat
[br]yes I live 2 miles from them they do a lot of my motor work. Good family to have if you like to go fast nik .
hey t cat, what work do they do for you? you got any snow there yet?

·
Registered
240 Posts
you can get away its called the lake if you have one near by [;)] I have seen it done.

·
Registered
352 Posts
police around here ride yamaha rx1 and ski doo 500's and you can out run them my buddy already did it this year, aint cool but you can do it

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
if someone runs from the trail police its just ADMITTING they did something and proving there guilt of something

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Around the Adirondacks they have RX 1's.
I was riding once doing 55 in a 35 zone and I saw a arm stick out fom the brush all of a sudden, it was a radar gun I learned later. They guy radioed to a gruop of cops that were hiding on a side trail 600 yards up. They pulled the use over at an intesection a mile up. I din't get a speeding ticket but my buddie who was in front of me did. They were real jerks, giving me crap about my registration stickers on my tunnel[:(!]
They had it all planed out and everything they probably pull people over all day[:(!]
It was in Moose River Plains by the Big T intersection.... if anyone knows were I am talking about, watch it.[:p]

·
Registered
730 Posts
around here they drive skidoo 600 legends. but one time i was driving along on the trail and some guy pulled up behind me with an old skidoo tnt and he had his lights on so i pulled over and the guy just slowed down and then he passed me and zoomed dowm the trail. i was kinda confused but laughing at the same time because the guy must have been really bored so he painted his old tnt white and had all custom police decals made just to pass a sled that was faster than his. to that day i.v never seen that sled again.[:D] i think he must have gotten in a load of crap by the cops for trying to copy a police officer![:p]

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree, no police officer will shoot at a person unless they are a threat. Theres a little thing called a "radio". they talk to dispatcher or watever, and have a Squad car go to the next road crossing, and pull you over if its needed. Sometimes they may not even try to "catch" you, and maybe they do. Trust me. if the police need to get ahold of you, they are going to. As for sleds... all ive seen is Skidoos, and they had 670 rotax motors in long track sleds. the sherrifs ride them up here.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts