Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think is the top mountain sled is based on the early on the snow reports so far?

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Even though i hate to say it i think from all the reports ive read so far that the M8 comes in 2nd behind the Summit 800r. Hopefully the Cat can make it up throughout the season.

·
Registered
963 Posts
i don't know if that can be determined yet. but from the report you made on the dragon that sounds like a contestant. and seeing the videos of the m8 racing the different ski-doo's mad me a little curious. i am sure the m8 will be a great high performance sled like most of the other arctic cat's. ski-doo's are always great and the yamaha is coming along. i think that it might just be up to the conditions and rider. reason is some sleds are going to be better climbers some better boondockers etc.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Originally posted by foxracing
[br] i think that it might just be up to the conditions and rider. reason is some sleds are going to be better climbers some better boondockers etc.
And there is the best answer I've seen.
You are absolutely correct.

I'd bet that my new dragon will get killed in a straight up climb against an M-1000 for instance,
but I'd probably also kick M-1000 butt in boondocking through the tight stuff.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I would think the M-8 or the M-1000 is the bst overall sled.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Definitely the summit 800 one word amazing, and the M8 i have never tried, heard nothing but good things, the important thing is to keep it light!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Dragon RMK it'll haul ass though the steep and deep maybe not the fastest but it has the most control when you have to go through the twistys. I absolutly love that sled.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
One of the guys that used to work at the dealer in town used to be a die hard Polaris man and has now been riding SD for a few years said last night that he thinks that the dragon is gonna be a killer. He has in his possession a XRS summit and is half tempted to sell it so that he can buy a dragon from our dealer. The dealer also said that he has 2 Dragons still in crates!!! I just thought it was interesting that he would sell that summit for a dragon but hey thats cool maybe I will get to try it then!

DW

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Originally posted by Student Driver
[br]
Originally posted by foxracing
[br] i think that it might just be up to the conditions and rider. reason is some sleds are going to be better climbers some better boondockers etc.
And there is the best answer I've seen.
You are absolutely correct.

I'd bet that my new dragon will get killed in a straight up climb against an M-1000 for instance,
but I'd probably also kick M-1000 butt in boondocking through the tight stuff.
I couldn't agree more.
from what I have heard the m8 is some what of a dog, the 755 polaris is beating it in a drag race. have not heard what it does against the 700 rmk in the powdery hills though. But I'm guessing the m8 will pull through a bit better there. the M1000 has great torque nice lite weight, but I'm guessing it will still get beat be the rev 1000. I think the rev 800 and the dragon 700 are the best all around sleds this year. I truly don't think the m1000 is going to completely kill the dragon in high marks. couldn't ask for a better track 155 best of both hill climbing and boondocking worlds. and the rev 800 well it has always been one of the top sleds and with 10 more horses I don't think that will downgrade it any.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i havent seen any M8's impress me to much but the M10's look decent the best all around sled would probably be the 800 rev and everyones got one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts