Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wonderinf if I could get some feedback from you guys. I am looking at getting a new sled and I was thinking about the ZR 800 or 900 of maybe a F-7. WHat is the better choice? I do ride trails and like to play and get after it a little. Thanks for you input!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
the f7 would be my choice because it is a newer chassis than the zr chassis and I think it has equal if not better suspension than the zr suspension this may be a good debate on the suspension. as for power wise they are pretty equal in my book. A F7 will have no problem keeping up with a zr 800 or 900 on trails. I just took my Firecat sno pro 720 out for a rip today and I am amazed on how light and nimble the firecat chassis is compared to my old indy 500

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
900modman said:
f7 with a 1.38 or bigger track with a 720 kit would be killa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F7 with a 720 kit? Sounds rather pointless, and pretty sure not available. Any Firecat 720 started out life as a 440 or 500...

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Not to rob a topic here but I just had a quick thought here I wonder if it is possible to put my 720 motor into an 04-07 Sno pro chassis. I think that would be nice because the 04-07 Sno-Pro's are a hell of a good chassis, not saying anything is wrong with my chassis it is just a quick thought.

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
Should be able to. It would be a laydown motor going into a laydown chassis. If you are seriously contemplating it, I would look for a 05-07. 04 was the first year of the chassis and isn't as strong, though still stronger than the Firecat chassis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts