Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 1990 indy 400 the engine is stock, i have a blue spring in my primary clutch, a yellow one in my secondary, i have my secondary clutch set up with the spring in the third tower, a .82 camoplast track on backwards, slp ultralight skis and new sliders and bearings in the suspension. i can beat 500's with it

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
XC 700

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/sled_shed_personal.asp

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
1995 arctic cat zr 580, 83 indy 600 big bore kit triple pipes clutched and ready to rip, 1980 polaris txl340 stock and 1979 kawasaki drifter 440

/polarisman/../images/users/bobinwi/mysleds.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/bobinwi/sleds1.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/bobinwi/sleds2.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/bobinwi/zr580.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
99 RMK 700

95 xcr 600

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Checkered 400,

I thought i should tell you that having your track on backwards isnt helping you at all and is making stoping much harder and dangerous. Put the track on correct stud it with 96-120 down the center and you'll be good to go. Oh and i see you took the top speed of the sled out of your post what did it top out again??

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my sled topped out last winter at 100mph with a screwed up secondary. since then i have lightened it considerably with different parts and i got the secondary fixed and set up a special way. the track i have i looked at about putting it on backwards and it does not affect the braking because it is a .82 camoplast paddle track. i get all my parts from a guy that specializes in polaris and has really good prices and he said it doesn affect the braking but i should be able to get my front end up with no problem now.
i have my old track that is in pretty good condition it has now lugs missing and none of the knobs in the middle missing although it has 3 clips missing i got it quoted at $175 and will sell for $150 obo if anyone would like this track then contact me

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Here is what I ride, can't wait for winter.

Sucks spending time on mods in summer then you have all that off time to tap your foot and wait for snow.

I want to ride now!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
snow should be an all year thing then god wouldnt be disturbed by so many prairs

·
Registered
44 Posts
my '04 prox 600 just came in 2 weeks ago...i got to touch it in through a hole in the crate!! whoooo hooo!

...now sadly i will have to get rid of my current ride to make room for her. it is a mint '98 yami 600 sx that runs like it is on rails, but just can't take the jumps....i am sure the "X" will solve that problem!

·
Registered
874 Posts
2003 9001M, 159" x 2", VF3's, ATACC, modified airbox/dash, The Thing, lefty throttle.

Anything above 30C is too hot for me! Give me -5C and 2' of fresh pow! Is August too early to be dreaming about sledding?

Flange

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Yeh, nice sled.. Every time I see a pic of a sled in snow when its summer it makes me want to go ride..

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
A lot of people think I am nuts when I talk about snowmobiles in summer. I started up my sled the other day and got a good sniff of 2 stroke exhaust...[:D]

·
Registered
874 Posts
I want to start mine so bad! I've got the cylinders fogged and the carbs drained so I think I'll wait a couple more months before I mess it up. Wait...I know a buddy that never summerizes his sled...I'll bet I can talk him into starting his up!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I don't fog my carbs anymore, I know that I am going to start it at least once every couple of weeks no matter what time of year it is. The neighbors have stopped coming over to see what the heck is making all the noise. They just know that the guy next door is nuts.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Mine thought I was nuts for the first little while but now they just look and shake their heads... I start mine atleast twice a week... Can't wait for snow.......

1 - 20 of 408 Posts